22 Replies Latest reply on Mar 22, 2010 8:20 AM by bogiesan-gyyClL

Need Intro for my Call of Duty Montage?!?

slidewayz88 Level 1

Hello,

I am in need of an intro for my Call of Duty montage… $30-$35 (via Paypal) is my budget. This intro will only be used for this specific montage.

There are a few things I would like this intro/title to say: “SLIDEWAYZ” then as the intro goes on “PRESENTS HIS FIRST MW2 MONTAGE ” then as the intro continues “CLOAK / DAGGER ” and then right after “CLOAK / DAGGER ” pops up the lettering “HARDCORE SND ” in a smaller font size, flashing, at an angle comes in below the title (CLOAK / DAGGER ).

I’m wanting this intro to involve some blood splatter and some sort of tactical knife being thrown in between the “CLOAK DAGGER ” as the ”/”...sorry that was confusing. Instead of the ”/” in between the title have the tactical knife.

I think all of my requests could be done and preferred in after effects.

Thank You

Contact me via email: slidewayz720768806@yahoo.com is anyone is interested

• 1. Re: Need Intro for my Call of Duty Montage?!?
          bogiesan-gyyClL Level 3

> I am in need of an intro for my Call of Duty montage… $30-$35 (via Paypal) is my budget. <

The estimated time budget for creating your fundamental vision in After Effects might be 10 to 20 hours.

That does not include preproduction meetings or rough comps and storyboards. If you have an audio track that must sync to the movie, designating and refining the hooks to timecode will also be extra. Re-edits or reconforms are not included and will likely add another 5 to 10 hours for tweaking to meet changing or miscommunicated specifications or project scope creep.

If we just agree that a 20 second 2D title, with blood splatter particle effects and an animated knife can be created in one pass without any changes or dickering, my lowest price would be about $700. You can probably triple that if we cannot communicate in the standard language of animation and film production because that will cause delays and waste time on unnecessary work. With my current workload, I can have this for you by the end of April, 2010.

Can your people call my people or do you want to do this without representation (which is not a good practice)?

bogiesan

• 2. Re: Need Intro for my Call of Duty Montage?!?
            Szalam Adobe Community Professional & MVP

I believe I'm a little less experienced than Bogiesan, so I tend to charge a little less per hour. Also, I'm not quite as busy as he is right now. I could have it done by the end of March, assuming there are no changes. My price would be about $500.

That's IF you want it to look good. If you want just basic white text on a black background without texture, lighting, color, etc. it could be less, but it's not going to be $30, that's for sure.

• 3. Re: Need Intro for my Call of Duty Montage?!?
              bogiesan-gyyClL Level 3

Okay, I'll do it for $499. I'm stuck in my previous commitments so the schedule is the same but you will save $1.00.

I'm in negotiations with another job that will fill up that slot so I must know within 24 hours if you want to commit. As with all new clients, I insist on a 50% deposit within 48 hours of our gentlemen's agreement to hold the slot and to begin work.

bogiesan

• 4. Re: Need Intro for my Call of Duty Montage?!?

Darn you, Bogiesan! Underbid again!

Fine, my price and earlier delivery stay the same, but I'll add in some 3d text.

• 5. Re: Need Intro for my Call of Duty Montage?!?
                  bogiesan-gyyClL Level 3

Upping the ante, eh?

Okay, I give up, it's a job you earned.

bogiesan

• 6. Re: Need Intro for my Call of Duty Montage?!?

bogiesan wrote:

Okay, I give up, it's a job you earned.

Hoorah! Wait, now I feel insulted.

• 7. Re: Need Intro for my Call of Duty Montage?!?
                      bogiesan-gyyClL Level 3

Not at all. You made the superior pitch at a good price but with better scheduling. I can only say, "Congratulations! Let's have lunch."

Be sure to have your accounting department do their standard credit check and I suggest you do not use your own FedEx account for expediting the storyboards or contracts.

bogiesan

• 8. Re: Need Intro for my Call of Duty Montage?!?

bogiesan wrote:

Let's have lunch.

All joking aside, I'd love to. You're nowhere near Nashville, Tennessee, are you?

• 9. Re: Need Intro for my Call of Duty Montage?!?
                          David Wigforss Level 1

Do you have After Effects?  This would be a good (simple) project to learn it.  You could probably even download the 30day trial and complete it with that..

If you didn't have AE, but had Photoshop Extended, you could still probably do this all yourself..  I'm guessing this is just gonna go on the front of your montage and be uploaded to YouTube (ie. not for professional broadcast).

• 10. Re: Need Intro for my Call of Duty Montage?!?

With a graphics budget of $30, I'm fairly sure your guess that it's not intended for broadcast is probably spot on.

• 11. Re: Need Intro for my Call of Duty Montage?!?
                              JaysonM-Y Level 3

Is that You Bogiesan? It'sa meea TCY.

• 12. Re: Need Intro for my Call of Duty Montage?!?
                                bogiesan-gyyClL Level 3

JaysonM-Y wrote:

Is that You Bogiesan? It'sa meea TCY.

Your user profile is suspiciously empty.

Here in Boise we have TCBY but TCY is suspiciously undefined.

bogiesan

• 13. Re: Need Intro for my Call of Duty Montage?!?
                                  JaysonM-Y Level 3

that chinese youth from over the apple forumz.

• 14. Re: Need Intro for my Call of Duty Montage?!?
                                    bogiesan-gyyClL Level 3

ah, welcome to the family.

You wanna bid on this project?

• 15. Re: Need Intro for my Call of Duty Montage?!?
                                      JaysonM-Y Level 3

LOL, sure. I'm quiet a distance off so delivery of footage and other media files would depend a majority on the clients resources. I'd charge a deposit of $200 and upon completion another $200. since I've got quite a bit of time on my hands recently and would love the mon...um...er... I mean work. The client can be sure to receive a fully polished end result within 1-2 weeks, and 4 free complimentary changes....also, I don't do 3D.

• 16. Re: Need Intro for my Call of Duty Montage?!?
                                        Impulse Fire Level 1

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Guys, dont you think charging over 50 bucks is a little too much. this kid just wants some nice text scrolling in. cut him some slack. i could prob do it for free

• 17. Re: Need Intro for my Call of Duty Montage?!?
                                          Todd_Kopriva Level 8

Impulse Fire,

I think that Bogie and Szalam were attempting (in a humorous way) to tell the original poster that the real cost of the sort of thing that he was asking for is much greater than he may have thought.

Yes, there are a lot of professionals who help people out for free on this and other forums, but that free help is almost always in the form of education. When people ask for finished animations or other work for free (or nearly free), I think that it's appropriate for people to inform them of the real costs. I think that we all help out on these forums because we want to see the greatest possible number of people succeed at making their own art and work. That's not the same thing as wanting to do someone else's work for free.

• 18. Re: Need Intro for my Call of Duty Montage?!?
                                            JaysonM-Y Level 3

Todd is right and I believe OP got his intro done already. I know a few people including myself who'd have done it for free, as a practice project. Just a bit of light fun, also I think this might be the wrong forum to request work.. :/

• 19. Re: Need Intro for my Call of Duty Montage?!?
                                              Impulse Fire Level 1

yeah, i was thinking tht they were just jokin. but is this for serious? like would it really cost THAT much for a 20 second animation in AE? i mean, i bought it and i know it costs a lot of money  but ive never charged over 10 dollars for anything even when it was liek a 10 minute video haha. perhaps i should...

• 20. Re: Need Intro for my Call of Duty Montage?!?
                                                JaysonM-Y Level 3

Depending on complexity, creative input, time etc. 20 seconds could rack a whopping price. In the end it all depends on what you're doing. but 10 bucks?... out here, we charge $30k JA for a 5 min edit, which is about $400 USD. We'd drop or raise the price depending.. Your skill, time and equipment are very valuable, don't sell yourself short.....

• 21. Re: Need Intro for my Call of Duty Montage

You all are correct, Bogie and I were attempting to share the enormity of what he was asking.

Yes, professional work costs that much; often a lot more than that. Some places charge over $150 an hour for work; that's a lot more than what we were offering to charge him. And, to do what he was asking for professionally, would take more than a few hours. Remember, he's asking for logo design, typography, particle animation, liquid simulation, 3d animation, sound design, and more. Creating those effects from scratch takes time, effort and experience.

But yes, he really just wanted someone to slap something together and, as mentioned I think that happened.

• 22. Re: Need Intro for my Call of Duty Montage?!?
                                                    bogiesan-gyyClL Level 3

Impulse Fire wrote:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Guys, dont you think charging over 50 bucks is a little too much. this kid just wants some nice text scrolling in. cut him some slack. i could prob do it for free

Did someone list the number of effects and simulations the lad requested? It's a long list.

The first step I perform when evaluating an effects project that has a defined delivery objective but an undefined development cycle is to list the needs and wants and compare them against the time and dollar budgets and then subtract one's pro bono tendencies and one's ability to quickly and cheaply repurpose elements harvested from previous projects.

The largest single issue in negotiating costs for undefined projects is always the lack of design parameters. Even if the project is to be undertaken out of the goodness of one's heart, agreeing on a design the client will accept and the animator can realistically provide is going to consume as much or more time than the project will take to create and render. Unless, of course, one is negotiating nothing and is simply going to crunch out only what one is willing to do for free—the real budget amounts to the same thing—and call it "done."

I believe the lad would benefit more by investing his money into a CIB for AE but it is clear form the OP he never intends to purchase or use After Effects, he's hoping someone will help him mount a killer youtube clip.

And I hope he finds that assistance.

bogiesan