I may be wrong in my understanding with this. My own understanding is that when you have expanding text, the space between the expanded text and the next text was removed. For example:
Here is a sentence with expanding text to click on.
And if the user clicked the expanding text, the expansion occurred, but removed the space between the expanded text and the next word. So it looked like this:
Here is a sentence with expanding textexpanded text contentto click on.
So my understanding was that the update would correct things so that they looked like this:
Here is a sentence with expanding textexpanded text content to click on. (Note the space between "content" and "to".)
What you seem to be describing is that the text looks like this when you expand it:
Here is a sentence with expanding textexpanded text content to click on.
But you would prefer it look like this instead:
Here is a sentence with expanding text expanded text content to click on. (Note the added space between "text" and "expanded".)
My thought is that you can work past this by simply inserting a space character to precede the expanded text.
Helpful and Handy Links
Maybe I misunderstood the expanding text issue that was being fixed in RH 8.0.1. You are correct in your interpretation of the problem I'm experiencing and what I was hoping would be resolved. In case it's helpful, I've provided some additional information with snapshots from my Help project.
I have a project that I originally developed using RH X5. Here is a snapshot of an expanding hotspot with its content expanded. The hotspot is blue and the content is green and enclosed in parentheses. Note the space between the list and (The...:
After I opened this project in RH 8, I noticed that the space between the expanding hotspot and the first character of its content had been removed, as shown below:
I could definitely resolve this issue using the workaround you propose, but my Help project has 350+ topics with numerous expanding text links that are impacted by this, so I thought I'd check here first to see if someone else had experienced the same problem I'm having and whether the 8.0.1 service release solved it for them.
Thank you very much for your response, Rick.
You can use css to quickly resolve this. Open your stylesheet in an external editor and search for .expandtext. Add "padding-left: 10px;" between the brackets. Modify the value for more or less space.
This e-mail is personal. For our full disclaimer, please visit www.centric.eu/disclaimer.
Your suggestion worked perfectly! Thank you for a simple, elegant solution to the problem.
Message was edited by: Captiv8r - Corrected spelling of Willam's name.