Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

end of a project

New Here ,
Mar 09, 2010 Mar 09, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I am ending a short project with a flash swf file on the last slide.  At the end of the swf movie, I want to remain on that slide.  I have text telling the user to either click the reply or Exit buttons on the player controls.  However at the end of my swf file, I am getting a blank player screen, with just the controls showing.

How do i get the project not to show this last blank screen

Thanks

A

TOPICS
Recording

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 09, 2010 Mar 09, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

There are a few places to look.

First, try configuring the project so that at project end it doesn't fade out. To do this, click Edit > Preferences > Project > Start and End and ensure the option Fade out on the last slide is cleared.

tmp1.png

If things still disappear, look at the objects on the slide. Configure the options so that they Fade in only.

Or, just drop a Click Box object on the slide and time it so the end point pauses the project where things are still in full view.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Captivate Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Adobe Certified Captivate Training

SorcerStone Blog

Captivate eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 10, 2010 Mar 10, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Thanks Rick

Checked what you suggested but no luck.  In the end I have placed a transparent button on the slide to halt the slide. 

Its a bit of a puzzle, as at the end, the Adobe Viewer goes to what looks like a blank slide and you have to click on the Exit control button to close the video down anyway, so why wont it stop on the last slide.

I have even set the last slide to On Slide Exit: No Action, but that doesn't make any difference.  Is it possible to make the Viewer exit at that point?

Thanks

Alex

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again

Personally, I'd use a Click Box for pausing, but the button will work too.

Indeed you can try to close the project at the end. Just choose the end action of Close Project. However, it's far from reliable. Check the link below for more on that.

Click here to view

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Captivate Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Adobe Certified Captivate Training

SorcerStone Blog

Captivate eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Rick for more helpful tips

I am always slightly wary when I get issues like this as I am a Mac user, running Virtual window through VMWare and occassionally I have found that it is that which caused odd issues. 

I wish Adobe would create a Mac version of Captivate

Cheers

Alex

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Alex,

Be patient a little bit more. Did you not have a look yet at:

https://admin.adobe.acrobat.com/_a295153/p55601646/

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

YIPPEE !!!!!!!!!

I had not seen that - its looks brilliant

Cant wait

Alex

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources