Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to open 8.0 project from generated files

New Here ,
Mar 10, 2010 Mar 10, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello-

Is there a way to work from generated files in a project after it is published??  We lost the 'originals' which were on a hard drive that got zapped.  Now I am scrambling to figure out how to open it when I can't see the xpj file??? 

I know this has come up before - but I am having a mental block.  Will keep searching on the posts.

Thanks for any help!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Does the fact you say "generated files" mean you are left with only WebHelp or FlashHelp output? If so, the link below should help.

Click here to view

If you say you have a CHM file, try the link below this.

Click here to view

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7 or 8 within the day - $24.95!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks - I read through that.  Do you really think I need to do all that editing (red boxes,etc) for a simple project?? This one has no DHTML and is pretty straight forward.

Bottom line - I need to rebuild it and can't just use the existing files anymore???  UGH!!

Thanks for the input-

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there

Well, it's a bit subjective. I compare creating WebHelp to baking cookies. Sure, I can take the already baked cookies and crumble them up and mix them with fresh dough, but my net result will be that they aren't the same cookies as I'd get if I simply created fresh dough.

The steps are only needed if you want the project to work flawlessly when you re-generate it. If you don't mind your end users seeing intermittent "out of memory" and other errors when they display your pages, go for it.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7 or 8 within the day - $24.95!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp