Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Movie to play without trusted notice pop up showing

New Here ,
Mar 09, 2010 Mar 09, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have a interactive pdf I want to send to some clients and I have placed a movie url link inside the pdf so when people click the movie will stream. The movie is uploaded onto my webspace provided by my service provider.

The problem is when I then set the pdf to show in full screen when you try and play the movie it pops up with “some permissions have been disabled to avoid potential security risks. Only enable these features if you trust this document.” which then gives you the option to allow once or always which is annoying, and the biggest issue is in full screen this message doesn’t show at all.

How can I ensure that the end user doesn’t have to do anything, the movie will just play on anyones computer and accept it is secure?

The movie format is quicktime.

thanks in advance for any help on this.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 09, 2010 Mar 09, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Something to consider.

Using Acrobat 9 Pro or Pro Extended you could Insert FLV or H.264 video for direct playback in Adobe Acrobat® and Adobe Reader.

See if you can insert the movie (not as legacy multimedia) into PDF with the Acrobat 9.3.1 Pro or Pro Extended Video Tool.
Viewed with the current dot release of Reader/Acrobat, there should be no security alerts.

Be well...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 10, 2010 Mar 10, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many thanks for your help.

Unfortunately I need to use a url link as the files are to be put up on the web so I need to keep the file sizes as small as possible and although the movie has been compressed down to 4mb if I embed it, the file size then increases dramatically.

Reading through the manual it looks like in version 8 and 9 the enhanced security is built in to protect the end user. So maybe I can’t have it open in full screen as the pop up message to allow you to trust the movie is then hidden as all the menus are hidden once you enable full screen… which is a shame.

Unless you know a work around?

Thanks again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 10, 2010 Mar 10, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry,

I'm not aware of any work arounds.

Be well...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines