• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Need Help with Multiple Language Support - RoboHelp 8

New Here ,
Mar 11, 2010 Mar 11, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I started a project with a software development company that needs online help created. I got up to speed

on RoboHelp after a week (still waiting for client to purchase official version). I purchased a third-party book

to get me started.

My problem is I can not find any step-by-step procedure on how to support help in multiple languages. I've

changed my language in project settings but am unsure if I need separate directories for each language I

want to support. Do I need separate topics; for example a Welcome screen in English and then one in Spanish,

and French, etc...

I was hoping it is a fairly simple process to generate help in multiple languages. Or at least that's what the helpless

RoboHelp documentation indicates.

I'm hoping the RoboHelp documentation is intuitive. I'm been a writer for 20 years and have had the pleasure of

avoiding RoboHelp until now.

Any suggestions? I need provide an idea of how long it would take to translate a help project. Is it 20 minutes or 2 weeks!

Help.

Thanks,

Nancy

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to the forum.

Try Ben Minson's article.

http://www.adobe.com/devnet/robohelp/articles/localized_projects.html

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry, meant to say I moved the post to General Discussion as that is more appropriate.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp