• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Quick way to apply 'see also' or 'in this section' ??

Participant ,
Mar 11, 2010 Mar 11, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RH8.02 HTML

Hi all,

I'm wanting to add a See Also/Related Topics/In this Section area to my topics and am looking for a way to do it quickly and automatically.

Does RH provide any quick mechanism to add these to topics, say in the bottom on the page.

Basically I want my main/top pages of a section to contain a set of links that points to the other topics in that section. Is there any quick way to do it, or automate it?

I tried to Insert > See Also, and Related Topics but these all created buttons that opened a window, I would prefer the links to sit in the page if possible.

thanks.

Nick

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nick

If you create a new project in RoboHelp 8, choose the Project Template type of Knowledge Base.

tmp1.png

Once you have created the project shell, examine the "What's New" topic. At the bottom of the topic are some instructions that may help.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7 or 8 within the day - $24.95!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I should have mentioned, I'm outputting to WebHelp, some of those features do not work unless its HTML Help (CHM) from what I udnerstan because whenever I try to preview them I get an error. "This operation can only function from HTML Help"

Thanks,

Nick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Nick

Indeed it would appear that this is the case. But the message is misleading. The features WILL actually work in WebHelp. The dialog really could stand some re-wording. The WebHelp generation process will convert things for you.

The preview message simply means that you must generate output in order to see it work.

Put it to the test and see!

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7 or 8 within the day - $24.95!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp