Exit

Rename Style breaks existing text using same style

Participant ,
Mar 12, 2010 Mar 12, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RH8.0.2 HTML

hi all,

I just wanted someone else to confirm that this happens.

Create a style, apply it to a piece of text, then rename the style in the Styles pod, the text doesnt keep the style, instead refering back to what looks like the 'Normal' style.

I just had it catch me out and had to go back and re-apply a style in quite a few topics. I checked it over in a test project and the same happened.

Definitly something people should be aware of

Bug or feature request?

Thanks,

Nick

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's a good one Nick. Just tried it here and got the same. Submit a bug request here.

• Read the RoboColum(n) for a tips, tricks and musings on the Technical Communication Suite products.
  • Follow the RoboColum(n) on Twitter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it a bug? In any HTML program including Dreamweaver, if you rename a style in the CSS, it works as Nick has described.

It would be a nice new feature that the program offers to rewrite the code across all topics but it could only work if the CSS is edited via the application. Many users edit their CSS outside of RH.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think it's a bug. When a certain style doesn't have a style definition anymore, the styling reverts to the regular styling of the element.

It would be a nice new feature as Peter suggests.

Greet,

Willam

This e-mail is personal. For our full disclaimer, please visit www.centric.eu/disclaimer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I can understand that CSS works that way, but offering the option to rename a style through the styles pod when it is being used, seemingly breaking where its applied, seems detremental. surely the style name should be updated, and the areas where it is applied stay in-tact.

Feature request.

Thanks,

Nick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp