• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't download book from ebooks.com

New Here ,
Mar 12, 2010 Mar 12, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

<error xmlns="http://ns.adobe.com/adept" data="E_ADEPT_RESOURCE_DOES_NOT_EXIST http://174.129.224.52/fulfillment/URLLink.acsm e0000000-0000-0000-0**some digits,they might be secret?** "/>

That is what i get when i try to download.

Any replies from support service? I am trying to get that book for like 2 or 3 hours from different ebook stores and I end up with all this DRM nonsenses. Now

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mar 12, 2010 Mar 12, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You'll want to contact eBooks.com support so that they can get you a good download link.  This is not something that Adobe can help you with.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 24, 2010 Mar 24, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I had the same problem same place last week

After a week of desperate  attempts  to solve the problem the ebookstore support suggest me to try Mobipocket reader

(a shame) I did so, they changed the link and I downloaded my ebook for Mobypocket reader I have tried the Adobe support they don't gave a damn it seems my emails were read by a bot

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There isn't anything that Adobe can do about this particular error message.  This error states that there is a configuration issue on the eBooks.com server, as it indicates that they were selling you access to a file that does not exist on their server.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's why as soon as I had Mobipocket reader on my PC the file magically exist  again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, because it's a different file  (Mobi instead of ePub or PDF).  Also because it's using a different DRM scheme it will also be coming from a different server as well, so it would have a different configuration.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 25, 2010 Mar 25, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK  maybe you'r right ?

Personally I would have preferred AdobeDE instead of Mobipocket but I was convince the problem came from Adobe because I had an error message :Adobe reader (yes reader) cannot open this file why did Adobe reader tried to open the link instead of Adobe DE ? I believed it was a conflict

Then when ebook.com advice me to try with Mobipocket it works immediately I haven't think it could be the link and not Adobe's fault

I'll go to another vendor and have a try with another ebook for Adobe DE

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I ended up, getting refund and buying an audiobook version of same book.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 16, 2011 Feb 16, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

does anyone know why i cant download a barrowed book to my library

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines