Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Search Templates - How to?

Level 10

I created a search template which displays tracking all requests initiated from a particular department. This search template must be visible only to the manager (or just to few peoples) of that specific department. Is this possible?

Thanks,

Nith

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 3

Jasmin is correct.  Search templates do not have any roles or access rights associated with them.

All users will see the template and be able to run the template; however

depending on the search results all users may not be able to see the results due to access rights on the tasks.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Level 10

I don't think you can display search reports only to a subset of users.

Jasmin

Correct answer by
Level 3

Jasmin is correct.  Search templates do not have any roles or access rights associated with them.

All users will see the template and be able to run the template; however

depending on the search results all users may not be able to see the results due to access rights on the tasks.

Former Community Member

Tracking Help - Hide Completed Tasks_1.JPGHi,

I am trying to create a new Search Template with the option for the user to Remove (or Hide) the completed Task so that it no longer appear in their search results but I could not find that option as the Help said above. Can any one please advise.

Thanks,

Han Dao

Former Community Member

Try adding the "Task Visible" element to your criteria in the search template. When you do a search in "Search Templates" from "Tracking" and select one of the tasks in the search results a garbage can icon appears on the chrome for a completed task.