Expand my Community achievements bar.

How to generate PDF and XML Using Live Cycle Workbench ES2

Level 1

I have created form in flex application where user can fill the details manually. Can any one help me how to generate PDF and XML file in Live Cycle Workbench ES2 when user fill all the details in the flex application form and click submit.

15 Replies

Former Community Member

Do you want the PDF displayed in the Flex application?

Steve

Level 1

Hi Steve,

I have created FORM in flex application( MyTest), where user can fill ID, To address, From address, Name, his personal details and brief message. Once user fills all the details and click submit button. By using Life Cycle Workbench ES2 flex application(MyTest) should generate PDF( all details in the FORM) and XML( all details in the FORM) file.

1.what are the steps to import flex application(MyTest) in to Life Cycle Workbench ES2?

2. How to generate PDF and XML file in Life Cycle workbench ES2?

Advance Thanks!

- Ratna

Former Community Member

Is the Flex application a stand-alone application or do you plan to use in Workspace ES2?

Steve

Level 1

Hi Steve,

I want to use Flex application in workspace ES2.

Level 1

Hi Steve,

Could you please help me in generating PDF and XML file using Life Cycle Workbench ES2 for any flex application (Form coded in flex which has from address, to address, name, id, contact details, brief message....)

1.How to import flex application in to Life Cycle workbench ES2?

2.How to configure flex application in order to generating PDF and XML file once user fill all the details in the form (which is coded in flex) and clicks SUBMIT?

Please help me!

Regards,

Ratna

Former Community Member

Flex applications for use in Workspace ES must use the Workspace API to communicate with the Workspace framework.

See http://help.adobe.com/en_US/livecycle/9.0/createflexapps.pdf

Steve

Level 1

Thanks Steve!

I am using Life Cycle Workbench ES2 Version 9.0

Life Cycle Workspace ES2 and Life Cycle Workbench ES2 are both same?

- Ratna

Former Community Member

No.

Workbench ES2 is a developer tool for creating processes, data models, forms, and Guides.

Workspace ES2 is the Flex-based client front-end to LiveCycle Process Management that supports PDF forms, Flex applications, and Guides as a view to human-centric processes.

Steve

Level 1

Hi Steve,

So, from the above information by using Live Cycle Workbench ES2 we can't generate PDF file and XML for the Flex application( Form that, I have created in MXML)

Am I correct?

Ratna

Former Community Member

You are correct, if you interpret the word 'generate' as meaning the ability to create an XFA-based form from Flex source code (.mxml or .as). LiveCycle has never supported this capability.

Level 1

Thank You Steve! Your information is so valuable.

Regards,

Ratna Shekar Reddy

Level 1

Hi Steve,

I have gone through the PDF link that you have send me. It says, how to configure the Live Cycle Workspace ES2 with Flex application and to store data in XML.

I want to generate PDF using Live Cycle workspace ES2 with Flex application ( I have created form using MXML, I need to generate PDF of the data in form when, I click on submit button in the form). Can, I get help on this.

Regards,

Ratna

Former Community Member

You must create a form with LiveCycle Designer ES2 (saved as either an .xdp or a .pdf), import the form into the repository, and merge the XML from the Flex application with the imported form using the Forms ES RenderPDFForm service to render a populated PDF.