Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Subkeywords not functioning

Sep 11, 2006 Sep 11, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Uisng RHX5, I am generating both webhelp and html help, and this problem occurs in both formats.

When I type a subkeyword into the index search box it is ignored. I can be looking right at the target expression in the index, but the search does not find it. I enter keywords and subkeywords both from the index tab in the project pane, and from the topic properties index dialog, but I don't think this makes a difference -- I cannot make ANY subkeyword work. Also, I tested this by creating a new topic and associating keywords and subkeywords to it using both methods.

What could I be doing wrong?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Sep 12, 2006 Sep 12, 2006
I see. So index subkeywords are not meant to work. Sigh. I guess I'll have to duplicate them all in the top level. What a job. Thanks, though - I don't blame the messenger.

However, if you could offer help understanding the way the RH index works, which isnt really clear from their documentation, I would appreciate it. Perhaps there is an article somewhere you can point me to.

- Carol

Votes

Translate

Translate
Valorous Hero ,
Sep 11, 2006 Sep 11, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi albizzia

The only wrongdoing on your part is misunderstanding the way the Index and sub keywords work. We;;, that and possibly misunderstanding the differences between "Search" and "Index". But that's a discussion better left to a different thread.

As you have seen, the Index field only causes the index to position to first level kewords. Sub keywords aren't positioned and don't factor into the mix. If you really want them to cause positioning, you need to promote them to first level entries. Or more likely, add them as additional first level entries. I do this all the time (having sub keywords as bot sub keywords AND first level keywords).

Hopefully this helps... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see. So index subkeywords are not meant to work. Sigh. I guess I'll have to duplicate them all in the top level. What a job. Thanks, though - I don't blame the messenger.

However, if you could offer help understanding the way the RH index works, which isnt really clear from their documentation, I would appreciate it. Perhaps there is an article somewhere you can point me to.

- Carol

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
(Never mind. I though I had a solution.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp