Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

1 pixel border issue

New Here ,
Mar 16, 2010 Mar 16, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have an issue when I export my project, It adds a 1px border on the left side and along the top. (see image)

1pxborder.jpg

In the Captivate project I definately have the border options switched off.

I'm running version 4 on a Vista machine if this helps.

Thanks.

TOPICS
Import export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might try adding code into the .htm file after you've generated it to set the borders to 0. This code would need to be inside of the "head" html tags. If you add this code, you should get 0 borders.

Here's an example:

<style type="text/css">
<!--
body {
margin-left: 0px;
margin-top: 0px;
margin-right: 0px;
margin-bottom: 0px;
}
-->
</style>

I find myself copying and pasting this code into each of my projects for one of my product lines I work on. Hope this helps. I know this worked for older versions of Captivate but not sure if it works with Captivate 4.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That does not work eNerd, sorry. 

I can see that the 1px border on the left side and on the top is definitely built into the exported .swf

This has happened with more than one project, the last project workaround was to have our actor/presenter stood on a pure white only background thus hiding the 1 pixel oddness!

Any other ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry Tow3r, I see it doesn't work in Capt. 4. It worked great in Captivate 1.0!

Ah, updates. Good luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you anyway.

UPDATE:

I have set the projects background colour to grey and the slides background colour to bright pink so that the problem is easier to see. (see image)

pinkborder.jpg

These are the properties:

slideproperties.jpg

We really could do with a fix in the next day or so. Please, Anyone ... Help! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Is this border present when you preview and only visible after you publish?

You might try inserting a Highlight Box object with a really odd color. Perhaps hot pink. Size it to snug up against the borders you are seeing. Then publish again and see if the border is present. If so, you know Captivate is adding this in during the publishing process. If not, you then know it's somehting that may be controlled by editing the slides in the project.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Captivate Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Adobe Certified Captivate Training

SorcerStone Blog

Captivate eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again

LOL, immediately after posting my suggestion I see you have posted more and are using the basic technique I suggested without seeing my post! Nice ESP!

I also see you are referring to playing an FLV file now. So is this occurring on only one slide? If so, why not just configure the Slide Background color to match whatever color you want to see so it just disappears?

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Captivate Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Adobe Certified Captivate Training

SorcerStone Blog

Captivate eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rick,

Thanks for the advice m8, here's some further details.

I have 4 slides in my project:

Slide 1 - This is an introduction (17sec .flv)

Slide 2 - This is a menu (looping .flv bg with 2 buttons over the top of the looping video)

Slide 3 + 4 - These are .flv videos that are each linked to the 2 buttons on the menu.

The odd border is present throughout the entire project.

All my .flv videos are 350 x 400. My slides are 350 x 400. If I go into the properties of the video within the slide I can see that the dimensions are 350 x 400. Looking at the code in the exported .htm the embedded .swf is in fact the same ... 350 x 400.

I can play back the .flv videos and there definately is NOT a border. It only appears when I either ... 1.) Preview in browser ... or 2.) Publish and view the exported files.

This flash project is intended for the homepage of a website and the background colour (unfortunately) is a very subtle green gradient (not a solid green) therefore I cannot just change this pink to a green. If you look at my images above, you will notice that in the project I have put an 8 - 10 pixel green image border overlay obove my videos, this has the matching green gradient. This is so that the final project once on the site will look as if it is embedded within the site with rounded corners and not just sat on the site. I would like this video to appear to be intergrated into the site and not just like a embedded flash video. (not sure if you understand all that? lol)

Man, this is getting frustrating! 

Thanks, Craig.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's as if my project is set to 350 x 400 but when I pull in the video (350 x 400). Captivate resizes it to 349 x 399 and pushes it down 1px and to the right by 1px. I know that this is not the case bacuase I can see the video properties and the video is definately 350 x 400 ... but this is how it looks!

Craig.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources