Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RDS Error on windows

New Here ,
Mar 16, 2010 Mar 16, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have just played with RDS on my Mac and been very impressed with it actually working (i currently use Homesite and been trying to make the move for years with no success as problems like the following keep popping up).

So i thought id give it a go on my PC, it doesnt however work on the PC version.

Whenever i attempt to connect be it by clicking the test button or through the RDS view i get the following error.

Unable to contact the RDS server "XXXX". This can be caused by incorrect configuration on either the client or the server.

Please verify your connection details below or check your server documentation on how to enable RDS for your server

The HTTP request to talk to your server returned with the following message:

For input string: "<html>"

<!--#BeginTemplate "templatedvt" -->

<head>

<meta http-equiv="Content-Language" content="en-gb">

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=windows-1252">

<!--#BeginEditable "doctitle" -->

<title> Error"

The above error suggests that my config is wrong however i have checked, rechecked and re re checked and they are identical to those used on the Mac.

I thought it may be because of my Proxy Exception settings but these seem to have been selected correctly (minus my localhost not being checked)

Any ideas would be great

Thanks

Ben

TOPICS
Builder

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks to me like something in your web server config is intercepting the RDS request and sending back a DreamWeaver template rather than just leaving RDS be.

Is that your sitewide 404 handler or something it's spitting out there?

--

Adam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Adam,

Thanks for replying, I havent a clue, i have never seen anything like it

before, i dont even use dreamweaver so not sure how that is happening.

I had absolutely no problem with the Mac, all worked very well.

Dont think its my sitewide 404 (i just have the normal one).

Cheers

Ben

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well that's DreamWeaver-specific code in there, so it's being served up somehow.  I guess you need to go find it, and reverse engineer why it's being served up!

--

Adam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Adam,

Any idea how i can find it?

I dont touch dreamweaver and installed Adobe CFBuilder yesterday and now im getting some Adobe dreamweaver template appearing (coincidence?)

Cheers

Ben

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I should think it's a coincidence... DW-specific mark-up isn't going to achieve anything in any other text editor.

There's no trick to finding the code... just do a file system search for "<!--#BeginTemplate "templatedvt" -->" embedded within the files within your website.  Probably limit the search to *.htm? and *.cf? files to start with, as the DW crap is most likely to be in those kinds of files.

--

Adam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 17, 2010 Mar 17, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Adam,

Should I run a search on the server or my local machine?

I Have tried DRS on three different coldfusion servers all producing the

same problem.

Cheers

Ben

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 18, 2010 Mar 18, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hmm... OK, I might need to back-track a bit there.  If you're seeing the same error (with the same chunk of DW mark-up) being reported on three different servers (with different web apps on them?), then I don't think it is some template being served by your web app interfering with RDS.  Maybe RDS uses error templates using DW mark-up (shudder).

But, to answer your question... search the file system of the server returning the error for the file containing that code.  Although if you're seeing it on different servers with different web apps, there's probably no point, as I've been giving you a bum steer (sorry).

--

Adam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation