• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RH8 for HTML: Problem with Multilevel List in published topic(s)

Mar 17, 2010 Mar 17, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have discovered that working with the multilevel list and reapplying it (changing a level 2 to a level 1, for example) inserts numerous <span style margin> tags that don't show up in RH design view nor in an IE view of the published content, but the published help renders badly in Firefox (like a "justified" paragraph style that inserts broad spacing between words).

The bad thing is that broad spacing is added to a command where no spaces should be, which looks fine in IE, but renders like this in Firefox:

sqlplus XBRLDB/XBRLDB@server.com:1521/ubmatrix

@C:\xbrl_database\database\Oracle\       verify_registration        _v1_0        _1        .sql

The "source" for published content looks like this:

<p class="CodeSample" style="margin-left: 24px;">sqlplus XBRLDB/XBRLDB@server.com:1521/ubmatrix 
@C:\xbrl_database\database\Oracle\<span style="margin-left: 40px;">verify_registration</span>
<span style="margin-left: 40px;">_v1_0</span><span style="margin-left: 40px;">_1</span>
<span style="margin-left: 40px;">.sql</span></p>
How do I prevent the <span> tags from getting added to the RH project files? How do I remove them using the RH interface?
Why are they getting added in such wierd places?

PS: I have kept the paragraph style Numlist (which is how I define numbered procedures). I just apply the multilevel list to paragraphs tagged with this style. It's been working OK, except for the newly discovered problem above.

I'm using Verdana family and the numbers look good. I've only looked at the published HTML which looks like this: I

<p class="Numlist">1<span style='font:6.0pt "Times New Roman"'><font size="1" style="font-size:6pt;">        </font></span>Do this</p>

looks like this in a broser view:

1 Do this

Is this the 'expected' HTML code for numbered procedures (all this to precede a paragraph with a number), or is there a more efficient way to render numbered/mutilevel lists?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 18, 2010 Mar 18, 2010

Votes

Translate

Translate
Mar 17, 2010 Mar 17, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I mis-stated the problem in the previous post. There's a problem with phantom or residual embedded <span style="margin-left: XXpx;">

Here's an example in a plain paragraph under "See also"

<p><a href="Mapping_Techniques.htm"><span style="margin-left: 40px;">M</span>apping
Techniques</a></p>

Here's TWO of them embedded in a numbered procedure (this multilevel list setting is from a different 😞

<?rh-list_start ?><p class="Numlist">C<span style="margin-left: 40px;">lick
the </span><span style="margin-left: 40px; font-weight: bold;">Validation</span><span
     style="margin-left: 40px;"> tab.</span></p><?rh-list_end ?>

Here's an example in a list paragraph:

<li><p>Microsoft Security Update Patch <a title="MS06-038" href="http://support.microsoft.com/kb/917284">MS06-038</a> You must manually
     reset the<span style="margin-left: 40px;"> registry key to:</span></p></li>

All these lead to spacing problems in the published help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 18, 2010 Mar 18, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp