• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Another problem with TOCs in Chrome and Safari

New Here ,
Dec 29, 2008 Dec 29, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having a problem with Webhelp output when using Chrome and Safari.

When I have selected in the text a link to a topic, the TOC does not expand and highlight the chosen topic like it does in Firefox and Internet Explorer.

Has anyone else run into this problem?

Thanks,
Rebecca

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 10, 2009 Feb 10, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure if you're still interested in this; but I'm having the same problem in Internet Explorer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 11, 2009 Feb 11, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you viewing it locally without Mark of the Web applied in the wizard? Is there a yellow bar prompting you to enable Active X?

UPDATE 8 JAN 2010

Oops! The information bar is an IE thing. Ignore this answer.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 13, 2009 May 13, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone found a fix for this issue? I'm having the exact same issue as Rebecca (in Safari 3.x only, not IE or FF), and can't find any other information on the Web outside of this thread that deals specifically with this issue.

- Steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 07, 2010 Jan 07, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't suppose you ever found a solution to this?  I'm having the exact same problem.  The TOC synchronizes just fine in all versions of IE and Firefox, but never does in Chrome when a link in a page is used to change the location within the TOC.

This has to be a javascript issue, but I still don't see it discussed anywhere else on the web!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 07, 2010 Jan 07, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chrome is not a supported browser.

Adobe did issue a file to enable the TOC to load in RH7 (Snippet 103 on my site) but that is not your problem, synchronisation is the issue here.

Snippet 1 does cover some synchronisation issues but I don't know if they will work for Chrome or whatever version of RH you are using.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

Follow me @petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 08, 2010 Jan 08, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what version of chrome are you using?

I just tried it with my project and the TOC syncs as expected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 08, 2010 Jan 08, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

3.0.195.38.  No updates available (I believe this is the current released production build).  I've had this problem since day 1 with Chrome though (been using it for about 9 months or even longer now.

I'm using RoboHelp 7.03.001 to create a WebHelp single source build with navigation pane options set to DHTML > Java Applet > Pure HTML.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 27, 2010 Jan 27, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I've just logged this as an issue with Adobe too.

I tried the fix available on Peter's website and that appeared to fix the TOC and Index when launched in Google Chrome, but the Search remained broken.

However, as a further test, I tried launching the newly-compiled help in Firefox (my usual browser) and the TOC, Index and Search were all broken as a result of the change, so I've had to roll back the change and log the issue with Adobe. Sigh!

Any updates or further resolutions gratefully received.

Regards,

Feebeegeebee.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry...forgot to mention that I'm using RH8...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Feebeegeebee

If you are having a problem with Firefox, why not start a separate thread describing this in more detail. WebHelp from RH8 works fine.

Follow me @petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter,

Webhelp in Firefox usually works fine for me.

However, once I had applied the "fix" for Google Chrome, I thought I had better test Firefox to make sure nothing adverse had happened as a result. Unfortunaterly, it had, which prompted me to roll back the change...

Regards,

Feebeegeebee.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chrome is at version 4 now, have you updated?

Also have you tried it on Chrome on other machines, not just yours....All my TOCs sync fine in Chrome, merged projects, normal proecjts etc.

Is there anything out of the ordinary that you are doing with your topic links?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 18, 2010 Mar 18, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried again with a help system built on another machine (Windows 7 64-bit, which works with RH7 just fine by the way!) using the browser on that machine (I've recently upgraded).  Same problem.  I should note that it's the latest version of Chrome as well.

I have loaded the IE tab plugin which I now use to view the help system.  Because of ongoing problems with FireFox, I'm forced to suggest the same workaround in that browser as well (problem is books with topics are loaded when a sub-page is loaded...I think this is an known issue with no resolution yet).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

To be clear, "the most recent version" is 4.1.249.1036.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Based on the date of that fix in Snippets, it was for RH7. It was built into RH8. Hmm!

Follow me @petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had just installed Chrome and was trying out my RH7 WebHelp. Of course, it did not work. I was so happy when I found this thread along with the reference to your page. Our users mostly stick to IE, but I wanted to make sure the help is available on other browsers.

I'm still relatively new to authoring, so any help and tips I can find goes a long way. Thank you so very much for sharing your knowledge.

Have a nice day,

Nathalie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp