• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RoboHelp 7 Bugs

New Here ,
Mar 19, 2010 Mar 19, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am working with an old application and creating help in both WinHelp 4 and WinHelp 2000.  Inconsistently, I get the following errors and do not understand why:  (I am not a programmer, using help as Adobe sells it that anyone can use it, so I need basic directions to resolve errors)

3/19/10 8:59 Login Bug, both Main Menu and DATCAP

First attempt to access help after a successful login:

Cannot find or load the file RoboEx32.dll. This file should be copied to C:\WINDOWS\system32 or a directory in your PATH.

(I did try both clicking the box to add the file and clicking the box to remove the file...no one will have Admin rights)

Then:

Clicked ok, Help opened…went through a few links got this error:

An error exists in the Help file. Contact your application vendor for an updated Help file (1024)

(thus I am)

Click okay, error persisted about 3-4 times, then get this error:

An error exists in the Help file. Contact your application vendor for an updated Help file (1024)

(Same error repeats itself)

Click though it, help works…but the errors do reoccur, just not with every help option.

What is odd about this, is that at different times I update, same way...generate primary layout from RoboHelp and everything works as intended.

New today...is RoboHelp is telling me it cannot generate Word..so I click okay and Word opens....

How do I resolve these issues?  upgrading or purchasing something new is not an option....I am a contractor and this is th government...

Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The RoboEx32.dll file is a freely distributable file that you'll find inside the Redist sub-folder where you have installed RoboHelp Office. It is required on the end user's PC for many features of WinHelp to function. When we used to output WinHelp we shipped the file with the .HLP and .CNT file. I'd install this before doing anything else.

• Read the RoboColum(n) for a tips, tricks and musings on the Technical Communication Suite products.
  • Follow the RoboColum(n) on Twitter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see the dll file in Redist, so my question is partially answered, but I do not know where I am or how I am supposed to install it so it goes through .hlp and .cnt.  How do I do this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How is your help installed? Do you or your developers have an installer package? If so, it can be included with that. At the end of the day it must be installed on the end user PC.

• Read the RoboColum(n) for a tips, tricks and musings on the Technical Communication Suite products.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to correct Colum, it can be installed at any time of the day.

Sorry folks, it's Friday and I've got a week's holiday coming up.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh dear. I think that joke should remove any debt I have to buy you a beer when we next meet. Have a great holiday and stay away from these forums.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think everyone is correct...turned out that we did update the dll file...but additionally a .cnt file had an extra "1" in the file name...could be a typo, don't know but betwee removing the extra "1" in the .cnt file (notepad) and updating the .dll file...it works!!!

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp