Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Project won't open

Mar 19, 2010 Mar 19, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using RH8 HTML.  In trying to open a project I work in virtually every day (about 90 MG compiled), all of a sudden the project won't open; the topics appear in the Topic List, but the main screen is blank and I get a constant hourglass that occasionally stops and gives me a cursor, but only for a few seconds.  It becomes an hourglass again, and won't let me do anything.  RoboHelp itself opens fine, and I can open other projects.  All I've done differently was go out of town for 3 days; could it be mad?   In previous versions I've had similar problems and I've had to open the HHP file (I believe), thus losing my TOC.  This project has 2,000 topics; rebuilding the TOC by hand just isn't an acceptable workaround.  The software has been up for about 30 minutes as I type this, and no sign of opening.  Any idea what causes this out of the blue?

Jeff Kersh, PhD

Technical Writer

American HealthTech, Inc.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 19, 2010 Mar 19, 2010

Hi Jeff.

I'd start by ensuring that you have all the RH8 updates installed. Then rename the project's CPD file and open the project. If that doesn't work, check out this link.

• Read the RoboColum(n) for a tips, tricks and musings on the Technical Communication Suite products.
  • Follow the RoboColum(n) on Twitter

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff.

I'd start by ensuring that you have all the RH8 updates installed. Then rename the project's CPD file and open the project. If that doesn't work, check out this link.

• Read the RoboColum(n) for a tips, tricks and musings on the Technical Communication Suite products.
  • Follow the RoboColum(n) on Twitter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, Colum.  That did the trick!  This happens so seldom I can never remember what to do.  I guess that's a good thing!

Jeff Kersh, PhD

Technical Writer

American HealthTech, Inc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp