• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can Robohelp import native Adobe Illustrator file formats?

New Here ,
Mar 19, 2010 Mar 19, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am thinking about getting Robohelp, but I would like to know if Robohelp can import the native Adobe Illustrator (.ai) file format directly?  I do not want to have convert my Illustrator files to .jpg, or any other file format that would lose any vector based graphics and/or graphics quality, before bringing the image into Robohelp.  I am unfamiliar with both Illustrator and Robohelp so any information will be appreciated.  Thanks!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately .AI files can not be imported into a RoboHelp project. You'd have to save them in another format first.

• Read the RoboColum(n) for a tips, tricks and musings on the Technical Communication Suite products.
  • Follow the RoboColum(n) on Twitter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there

In addition to what Colum offered, if this capability is important to you, you should consider submitting a Wish Form to alert Adobe that this is a need in the real world. For folks to import Illustrator files into RoboHelp. After all, isn't Illustrator an Adobe product?

Link to the Wish Form is in my sig.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7 or 8 within the day - $24.95!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp