• ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ERROR- Robohelp crashing - HELP!

New Here ,
Mar 19, 2010 Mar 19, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using TCS2 on Window 7, 64 bit. I am experiencing a new and very distrubing problem. When I update by RH main topic (with all my subtopics included) RH freezes, and then crashes. Consistently.

I am getting the error:

An error occurred while trying to read  data from  <D:\drivelocation\RHFrameDocs.apj> <3>

Does anyone know what this means? How to fix it?

This has become a very urgent issue for me, as I can no longer update my projects in RH!

Thank you in advance,

Adriana

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Is your D drive local to the computer? As in a hard drive physically inside the PC or connected via USB. Or is D some network location?

If it's a network location it likely means that there was a network interruption of some sort and the data can no longer be found.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7 or 8 within the day - $24.95!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rick,

No, fortunately (or unfortunately since that maybe isn't my solution) it's a local drive...

-A

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 22, 2010 Mar 22, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately no. The file got so corrupted that I was unable to edit, delete, etc. anything within the RH project file. It was a very odd experience. One day, things are good. I edited the way the CSS formats the bulleting paragraph style. Then next time I updated, the crashing starts and just won't stop.  I've had to completely rebuild my project.

Sigh.

Adriana

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I rebuilt nicely, generated, published, all very happily.

Then I had to change how my images are displayed. So under Project Settings, I changed the height and width to 0% (as per http://blogs.adobe.com/techcomm/2009/10/preparing_anchored_frame_for_conversion_in_robohelp.html).

Force update all - CRASH.

I don't get it. There has got to be a better way. Is anyone else experiencing this?

Adriana

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm, ok. So I closed Outlook while Force Updating all - works. 3 times now. Without crashing. VERY SLOW. But working.

Related? Any thoughts?  Of interest could be:

My computer has: 8GB of RAM, It is an IntelCore2 Quad CPU Q6700 process @ 2.66GHz, Windows 7 Pro, 64 bit.

Hmmm...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 23, 2010 Mar 23, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

One more update... I have been able to update successfully 3 times today- one crash. I would have thought my system was powerful enough to do this correctly routinely, perhaps not.

Anyways, that is all I have in terms of a solution for now. And making sure I have all my css file info, formatting info, etc. backed up elsewhere for the next time I need to rebuild.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp