• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to extract the font from a .pdf file?

New Here ,
Apr 28, 2009 Apr 28, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am reading a novel in the form an ebook .pdf file. The font is beautiful and I haven't seen it before. Throughout the pdf file the font is the same (the size, boldness, etc. varies but the font is the same).

Can somebody tell me if there is a way to extract the font name used in the file?

I went to the Properties -> fonts and this is the information I found:

What

Also if you are able to identify the font by simple observation (behind the properties window the word 'way' is written in the font I want) please let me know.

Regards,

-sgsawant

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Apr 28, 2009 Apr 28, 2009

It looks like a font that just isn't recognized. There's not a lot you can do about that. I assume you are trying to say that you just want to know what font it is so you can go purchase it?

If so, one thing you could do is take a screen shot of some of the text then run it through http://new.myfonts.com/WhatTheFont/. It does a decent job of identifying fonts.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You mean, "extracting" it to be made available for you to use as you wish? Regardless of the font, I would very much doubt it, and even more so if it is not a "standard" one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like a font that just isn't recognized. There's not a lot you can do about that. I assume you are trying to say that you just want to know what font it is so you can go purchase it?

If so, one thing you could do is take a screen shot of some of the text then run it through http://new.myfonts.com/WhatTheFont/. It does a decent job of identifying fonts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for both the above answers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 20, 2010 Mar 20, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are able to extract fonts from PDF with Online Font Converter

http://onlinefontconverter.com/extract_font_from_pdf.php

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 14, 2010 Nov 14, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

OMG

I know it passed a year, but isn't that font Comic Sans MS?

Didn't you know it? It's used everywhere! XD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines