Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Hiding All Trace Of Captivate Project

New Here ,
Mar 21, 2010 Mar 21, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

If I remove the pre-loader and the playback control is there anyway to find out that the project is made by Captivate when uploading an swf project to a website? What would still show that Captivate was used?

TOPICS
Import export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Mar 22, 2010 Mar 22, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As far as I know that should be enough to remove every "trace" of it being created in Captivate.

If you need a playbar you could use one of the other playbars available as they don't have the Adobe Captivate logo or download non-branded versions of the standard playbar and preloaders here:http://www.cpguru.com/2009/05/29/preloaders-without-adobe-captivate-logo/ and http://www.cpguru.com/2009/05/29/playbars-without-adobe-captivate-logo/

/Michael

Visit my Captivate blog with tips & tricks, tutorials and Widgets.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 06, 2010 Apr 06, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, I just though that there may be some other way for, let's say, an engineer to be able to f

ind out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Aside from the obvious (Captivate logos here and there) what are your concerns with this? Can you provide a scenario you are attempting to avoid?

If you can do that perhaps we can advise accordingly.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Captivate Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Adobe Certified Captivate Training

SorcerStone Blog

Captivate eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It will always be possible to find out if it's a Captivate project or not and it's very simple actually.

Anyone could download the SWF and then simply decompile it with one of the Flash decompilers available out there. This would make it easy to see it's a Captivate file since "Captivate" is used as a name in many of the actionscript functions and classes.

You could then encrypt your SWF with one of the SWF encrypters and thereby protect your SWF from decompilers (at least for a while). However it would then be possible to load the suspected Captivate SWF into a standard Flash file using a "loadMovie" function and then just send off a command to the loaded SWF to pause using one of the Captivate system variables. If the SWF pauses then it's a Captivate SWF - if the SWF doesn't pause then it's not.

So.. It will be possible to remove all traces of this being a Captivate project visually but anyone that have access to a decompiler or Flash would be able to verify if it's Captivate or not in a couple of minutes.

Oh yeah - and like Rick I would also like to know why you are concerned about this ;o)

/Michael

Visit my Captivate blog with tips & tricks, tutorials and Widgets.

Message was edited by: www.cpguru.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 13, 2010 Apr 13, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your answers. You have been very helpful!

Paul.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 06, 2011 Oct 06, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well I do have the same question.  While the SWF is loading the Captivate logo is displayed.  Why would  Iwant to remove this?  philosophically I have always found it offensive to have paid for a product or service, and then be required to market it.  I know it's old school, but ........ 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 06, 2011 Oct 06, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there

I see your point but the good news is that Adobe makes it simple to turn that logo off.

Just click Edit > Preferences > Project > Start and End and either turn off the Preloader or choose a different one without the logo.

Pretty simple.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Captivate Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Adobe Certified Captivate Training

SorcerStone Blog

Captivate eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources