Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RoboHelp 8 HTML Forms Drop Down Menu

New Here ,
Mar 22, 2010 Mar 22, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have inserted a drop-down menu in RH8 (Insert > HTML > Form > Drop-Down Menu) and added 10 values to it. On the same page, I have created a table with 10 rows. Now I want to link the drop-down options to specific rows.

For example, when I select IN from the drop-down menu, it should take me to the India row in the table.

Please help!

Thanks,

Gunjan

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Gunjan and welcome to the RH community.

Unfortunately this is not possible using the forms fucntionality. The drop down list is just that, a list of values that can be selected from a drop down list. It was never designed to navigate the user to another form element. You maybe able to generate a script to do this but I'm afraid this is not something I can help you with.

• Read the RoboColum(n) for a tips, tricks and musings on the Technical Communication Suite products.
  • Follow the RoboColum(n) on Twitter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like you need to bookmark the target and then point the menu option to the bookmark.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried to bookmark the row..but drop-down menu does not allow me to hyperlink to the bookmark. Is there any way?

Thanks,

Gunjan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you saved the topic containing the form? If not, the bookmarks won't display to link to.

• Read the RoboColum(n) for a tips, tricks and musings on the Technical Communication Suite products.
  • Follow the RoboColum(n) on Twitter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

You must use a custom javascript to get this done. Rick's suggestion should work.

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Gunjan

As a first step, you will need to insert a bookmark at the assorted spots you wish to link to. Have you done this?

Once you have the bookmarks, you then will need to configure the form drop-down with some JavaScript to handle linking to the bookmarks.

I did this once with many pages and here is what the script looked like for me. Your script will likely need to be amended to suit your needs:

<form>
<p align="center" class="whs1">Advisories <select name=month size=1 onChange=window.location=form.month.value>
<option value=102003.htm>October, 2003</option>
<option value=112003.htm>November, 2003</option>
<option value=122003.htm>December, 2003</option>
<option value=012004.htm selected=TRUE>January, 2004</option>
<option value=022004.htm>February, 2004</option>
</select></p>
</form>

Assuming you were using bookmarks, I might think the following would work:

<form>
<p align="center" class="whs1">Advisories <select name=month  size=1 onChange=window.location=form.month.value>
<option value=#Australia>Australia</option>
<option value=#England>England</option>
<option value=#India selected=TRUE>India</option>
<option value=#USA>United States</option>
</select></p>
</form>

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7 or 8 within the day - $24.95!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry gang. Didn't mean to tread on anyone's toes. Y'all popped in as I was composing my response... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp