• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Player flickering

New Here ,
Mar 21, 2010 Mar 21, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Help, after a recent flash player update (most recent 10.2 45) I have encountered problems. I can play videos, no issues there.

The problem is any time I enter a website with pop up streams, the pop ups start flashing, flickering, jumping, jittering. It is driving me crazy !

It also does all of the above when scrolling up or down the page. It does this with either the mouse or up & down on the keyboard.

If the page has a lot of pop up videos, computer will freeze up. I have removed flash player (using adobe downloaded uninstaller) and reinstalled player many times. Have even removed latest player and installed flash player 9. It does the same !

I use IE8, Google tool bar, Vista Home Premium 64, but have had the player on the 32 bit system. Use AVG 9,O, Spybot S&D, and CC CLEANER.

Manage add ons- Java (TM) Plug in 2 S, Shockwave Flash OB , Adobe PDF LINK HEI, all enabled.

Hope this info helps you to help me because this is really aggravating.  Of course it does none of these things when the flash player is removed.

Thank You

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 22, 2010 Mar 22, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to add, I can watch the video, however it is so flashy & jumpy it is not worth watching. Have spent hours reading this forum and trying things that have been discussed. I even done a system restore to before the problem started. No luck ! I do not no what to do at this point !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can not

locate my flash files. Can some one guide me to them ?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, I found flash files in

SYSWOW64 could not find any in System 32.

Files are, flash 10eocv, flash util10e, uninstall_active x,

another file Flash (281) install, shockwave 10

I am also getting a pop up, Internet Explorer Do tou want to allow software such as Active x controls and plug ins to run. YES, NO

I keep selecting yes, but it keeps pop in up page to page.

the shockwave flash ob is no longer in my manage add ons.  Help !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 25, 2010 Apr 25, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue - webpages running flash are flickering.

Running Win 7 64 bit.  IE8.  Flash version 10.0.45.2 - any thoughts on how to fix this??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 25, 2010 Apr 25, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, it's always best to start your own thread and post some information as to what problem you are having. "Flickering"

doesn't provide too much info to go on.

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 29, 2010 Apr 29, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, and thank you eidnold for your reply. However I am confused , I think this is my own thread I started.

I have posted 4 times within this thread with what I thought was all the info on my system, that you needed.

If you need more info please let me know, because I know no more too add. Thank You

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your replay, I am however confused.

I thought this was my own thread. I also thought I added all my system info

within this thread with 4 or 5 different post. Please tell me what

additional info you need and I will be more than happy to post it. As I am

still having this problem. Thank you very much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi cs, I asked the other person to start their own thread. I'm sure my intention was to reply to you, but didn't. Sometimes

I get busy and was on another thread. The email notifications are only sent from a thread that has been responded to. Since "dozzlenozzle" the person I said needed to start their own thread did not reply I didn't receive any notification until you just posted today. Hope that explains what happened.

Let me have a few minutes to review your thread and I'll get back to you. You are on my radar now:-)

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, There are several things that may involved here. I'll list what might be. I am familiar with AVG and their many components. I don't know if Spybot is still an Anti-Spyware with the Tea Timer or do you know if they have added an Anti-Virus feature? More than one Anti-Virus causes conflicts. AVG has Link Scanner which is composed of 2 features and does cause issues with many users. I'm not suggesting you do anything yet, just going over what could be causing conflicts.

Does the AVG version you use have a Firewall? If not, do you use any third party Firewall other than Windows Firewall?

The pop up is partly due to Vista and IE8, we'll get to that.

In your post#1 you said Shockwave Flash Object was there and enabled. In post#3 you said it is not even there now.

Did you Uninstall/Install between the two postings?

So we have a good starting point, if you remember how to find the Flash folder, go there and post back the files now listed.

Also in manage add ons (ALL add ons) check for the Shockwave Flash Object and this time if it is there, note the version number if listed and/or Flash10e.ocx(this indicates version 10.0.45.2) I need that info also.

When you Uninstalled and Installed did you use the offline of each?

After you reply to this I will get back to you, but a little later. (Dinner/Supper:-)

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 24, 2011 May 24, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I spent hours and hours uninstalling and reinstalling the flash player with no fix.  Finally, I disabled the

Shockwave Flash Object Add-On and the flickering stopped.  Hope it works for others.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines