Exit

Integrate robohelp with adobe connect and captivate

Participant ,
Mar 23, 2010 Mar 23, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RH8 HTML.

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone has done this, or if it can be done at all.

I've produced a load of documentation for our web application, now we are beiong tasked with going down the elearning route with online courses etc.

I just want to know if there is any useful integration between robohelp, adobe connect, and/or captivate in terms of sharing content etc.

Even linking within RH to start a connect session or something similar.

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't used Connect Pro but my understanding is that it is just a kind of portal into which you can placecontent that can be viewed over the web between disparate groups. Adding content to Connect Pro (e.g. a Captivate movie) should be easy to do. Once there, you'd just link to the URL from your RoboHelp project. You'd need to enter user logon details no doubt which makes me wonder whether this is the way forward for you. I'd have thought you could integrate your Captivate movies INSIDE your RoboHelp project and publish this to the web. That way you wouldn't need Connect Pro.

If it's of help we do just this, although in our case the movies are stored on our own internal server. We just link to them from the help so they open in a separate window.

• Read the RoboColum(n) for a tips, tricks and musings on the Technical Communication Suite products.
  • Follow the RoboColum(n) on Twitter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Colum

The way they are wanting to implement connect and captivate is to run online training sessions and modules, using some of the information from the help file, as the help file is more a reference document than a start to finish manual as we have a large user base with various ways they can use the web app. I was just hoping I could share some content to make things a bit easier to manage.

Its likely we will link to captivate videos from within the help file, but users wanting training will be going through connect so we can record completion, tests etc etc

most likely another person will be coming to the team to implement this anyway. just want to know how I can help with it all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In that case it should be easy to link from the Connect Pro tutorial to a URL in the help files if they are published on the web. Then it could work both ways. Just a thought.

• Read the RoboColum(n) for a tips, tricks and musings on the Technical Communication Suite products.
  • Follow the RoboColum(n) on Twitter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp