Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Deployment Options

Mar 22, 2010 Mar 22, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, Adobe is packaging CF Builder with "Flash" (I mean Flex) Builder, so if I upgrade I'd get this too.  Interesting, but I'm definitely not getting out $1,000+ for 'Coldfusion server'.  I've never used ColdFusion (coming from J2EE) but the concept is an interesting one.

So is this product any use to me at all?  Will it work with one of the free Coldfusion servers like BlueDragon or other alternatives?

TOPICS
Builder

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 23, 2010 Mar 23, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CF Builder is just an IDE for writing CF code. It has some bell and whistles that rely on Adobe's CF server but there is no reason you can't develop applications to be deployed on BD or Railo. I use Railo for my personal development and Adobe at work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 23, 2010 Mar 23, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, I'm currently using it for an Open BlueDragon application (not my platform of choice, but - equally - not my decison).  So I can't use any of the CF-specific stuff like debugging or RDS (which I don't use anyhow), and the tag dictionary isn't quite right.  But it's fine for the bulk of what I need to do which is to type in code, have the app prompt me for tag attributes and object methods and the like, and have it all syntactically highlighted.

--

Adam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 24, 2010 Mar 24, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cool cool, so BlueDragon isn't your favorite?  What is your preferred platform?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 24, 2010 Mar 24, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Cool cool, so BlueDragon isn't your favorite?  What is your preferred platform?

ColdFusion.

Then again I am just an employee, and so I don't need to pay for my CF... the boss (or the client) does.

My attitude would be different if I had to fork out the readies from my own wallet.  I'd consider BD or Railo then... but would also consider whether it might be a better idea to get up to speed with PHP or some combo of ASP.NET and C# or something instead.

--

Adam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation