• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RH8:WebHelp: What parameters to use to open topic using URL?

New Here ,
Mar 23, 2010 Mar 23, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I need to integrate my WebHelp with some third party applications so webHelp pages can be opened by URL passing some additional parameters and specific topic was opened instead of cover WebHelp page. I.e. I want to open topic which talks about "Ice Cream" so how to design URL that either "Ice Cream" topic opens, or search page opens with results of search "Ice Cream".

I looked at a content sensitive help feature, but this one is not exactly what I want since I need to have full mapping list in RoboHelp and update a list on third party application on regular basis too.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 23, 2010 Mar 23, 2010

Hi,

Read the excellent article on Peter's site: http://www.grainge.org/pages/authoring/calling_webhelp/calling_webhelp.htm

This outlines the three methods of calling the help and the way to implement it.

Note: The files needed for context sensitivity are the map file (.h) and the alias file to map the topicId to a file. You can fairly easy create a script to generate all this information, so you don't have to do that all by hand.

Greet,

Willam

This e-mail is personal. For our full disclaimer, please v

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Read the excellent article on Peter's site: http://www.grainge.org/pages/authoring/calling_webhelp/calling_webhelp.htm

This outlines the three methods of calling the help and the way to implement it.

Note: The files needed for context sensitivity are the map file (.h) and the alias file to map the topicId to a file. You can fairly easy create a script to generate all this information, so you don't have to do that all by hand.

Greet,

Willam

This e-mail is personal. For our full disclaimer, please visit www.centric.eu/disclaimer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

Thanks a lot. This is exactly what I was looking for.

I haven't test this feature yet, but according to description, I see that I can move forward.

Also, as I see from description, I cannot call topics by keyword so search window could be opened with keyword search results.

Just wonder if such feature exists in WebHelp at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp