Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Still another TOO MANY ACTIVATIONS?

Mar 18, 2010 Mar 18, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am in catch 22 with this problem. I can't understand why it takes

so much time to reset my activations that appeared out of nowhere

and stopped me from transferring books I bought to my Libre eReader.

I started over a week ago contacting my unit manufacturer and Books On Board but only got that it was Adobe's problem. My contacts so far with Adobe has not resolved the problem! Evidently Adobe needs to reset my activations so I hope this post will result in some action!

Budco3

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mar 22, 2010 Mar 22, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm still waiting for a reset to

my "Too Many Activations" problem

My original Adobe DE activation registration is budco3@embarqmail.com

I have only one desktop and a laptop and ONE eReader. An Aluratek Libre. I was able to downlaod my first book but the the dreaded "Too Many Activations" appeared.

The error message reads:

E_ACT_TOO_MANY_ACTIVATIONS http://adeactivate.adobe.com/adept/activate 4328:238:6238 urn:uuid:952d275ff_4a94_4cfc_a31b_f18ee 1Sccfke

Will this help speed up a fix to my problem and a reset to my activations??

Ev Fuller.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mar 22, 2010 Mar 22, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just in case you haven't already... The correct method to get support from Adobe for Digital Editions is by opening a web support case.  Go to http://www.adobe.com/support/digitaleditions and click on "Submit a web case".   For faster response please include all of the information you included above - specifically the AdobeID you were using and the complete and full text of the error message.

The expected close time for the cases, once all of the relevant information has been gathered is 3-5 business days.   If it has been longer than a week post the case # here and I'll look into it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 23, 2010 Mar 23, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Jim,

I did as you suggested by posting a reply to my first posting. Hope that

works,

Ev Fuller

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From your previous post you cited: case # 02032054481  I'm assuming that this is a typo on your part (too many numbers to be a valid support case #), and also this looks more like a web chat case # instead of a support case #.  If you go to the support portal you should be able to get the correct case #.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jim,

My case started as a web chat event with a guy named Shalk and I guess

carried over. Shall I close that one and start over?

Ev Fuller

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jim,

A Follow-up.

I rechecked the case # and you were correct. I added an extra 4.

The correct number is 0203205481.

Sorry about that.

Ev Fuller

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As unfortunately expected, Chat support just dropped this into the cracks (no further action was taken and the advice they gave you was completely incorrect).

I've reset the activation counts for your original account.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 24, 2010 Mar 24, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Jim,

You are my "Hero"!

Too bad there aren't more like you in this world. I was about to give up on

the whole idea of eBooks.

I opened Adobe DE and authorized my Libre eReader and was then able to

transfer the books I bought.

Hooray!!

I'm concerned that whatever caused the activation problem was sonething I

did when first trying to use the software. I'll try and be very careful.

Thanks again,

Ev Fuller

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 24, 2010 Mar 24, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I say this every so often but I guess it bears repeating.  Deauthorization does not increase your activation allowance (ie we don't work like iTunes).

Deauthorization just removes the activation information from the computer/device.  As such once a computer/device is sucessfully activated you will generally only want to deauthorize it when you are getting rid of the device (so that you are removing personal information from it).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 24, 2010 Aug 24, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issues, I just got off the phone with Adobe and they said to create a web case. Which i did but then saw

your post. Wondering if you are able to help me out please?? Much appreciate. Thanks

Ken

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ken,

As you can see by my Mar 6 post the only person who resolved my activation

issue was Jim Lester. He was able to reset the main computer for my account.

Good luck.

Bud Fuller

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I know, thanks for replying. Lets me know that people still come around!!

I hope to have this resolved this week as school already started. My Case  #0204147581.

Jim so from what I read, you're the Man, please help. I have E-textbooks that I am unable to get to because of too many activations, school started last week and i need the books asap, please thanks again!

Ken

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 30, 2010 Aug 30, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

bump?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 11, 2010 Sep 11, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You want to know how I soved this problem? I bought a KINDLE! Sorry

Borders, I will use Aluratek for free books only

.Rediculous how hard it is to transfer new titles!!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 26, 2010 Mar 26, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was told last week (my caseNo. 0203225968 ) that my count would be reset and I would receive confirmation via an email.  I am still waiting. I have not been able to transfer any books on to my new sony ereader.  Spent over £200 for something I have not had the pleasure of using yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines