• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can a link to a new page stay in the same window?

New Here ,
Feb 12, 2010 Feb 12, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have several presentations that flow from one to another via clickable links that I created in Powerpoint using the right-click "Hyperlink" feature.

Presenter recognizes these and implements them nicely, except it always opens a new window when the link is clicked.  I'd like everything to stay in the same window when a clickable link loads a new page or presentation.

Can this be done?

Thanks,

RW

TOPICS
Presenter

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 18, 2010 Mar 18, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you ever find a solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 18, 2010 Mar 18, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, not yet...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 23, 2010 Mar 23, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I found some solutions on another site -

http://www.connectusers.com/forums/cucbb/viewtopic.php?id=960 - read the bottom posts from 9-23-2009.  Looks like there are two possible solutions, though I have not tried either.  I am trying the Flash button approach (second suggestion) today.  Will let you know if it works, but sounds like it would.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will be out of the office starting 22/03/2010 and will not return until

24/03/2010.

If your matter is urgent, then please contact Emma Dawson on ext. 15832.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I wanted to post an update that the Flash button solution worked beautifully.  I was able to create a single button template to use at the end of multiple presentations by passing in a URL variable to the imported flash object.  You can add the url variables that you want to get to the swf file embedded in the ppt by adding them to the /[your pres name]/data/viewer.xml file.  Just locate the slide that has the embedded content and you can then attach the url variables.

Of course, you can also just hard code the link in your Flash button file, but then you would need to create a new file/swf for every presentataion.

Hope this helps you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources