Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Convertion of FM markers for context-sensitive help

Mar 15, 2010 Mar 15, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all, the convertion of FM markers appears to be severely buggy but of course I may be misunderstanding something.

What I would expect RH to do: If a corresponding marker is found, the content (e.g. "1012") should be used as the map number of a CSH entry asigned to the topic. The help ID is not relevant because the software calls the help using the map number.

What I get: The marker entry is used as the help ID (which is completely irrelevant for me), not the map number. The map number always starts with 1, regardless of the start number I set in the options dialog in the help IDs window. To make things worse, I always receive two CSH entries per marker, one with the marker content as help ID and the other with the topic title.

It seems impossible to control the resulting map numbers, which is the relevant information for the software calling the help. Am I missing something here? Has anyone used this feature successfully?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 23, 2010 Mar 23, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It works for me using the TCS2 and importing the FM9 docs into RH8. I use a specific CSH marker in FM. I tell RH to use the CSH marker in the conversion settings. The marker text is the link between the topic and a mapid. I publish to WebHelp and the application uses a javascript launcher to call the mapid.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp