Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

8.02 Defects List?

Mar 23, 2010 Mar 23, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a list anywhere of currently known WebHelp 8.02 bugs?

I'm having numerous issues after upgrading from 7 to 8.02. One is a known issue - Related Topics control triggered by script does not work without manual patch.

Others I am experiencing:

• Template clobbered when converted to master page (weird path alterations).
  • Related topics control simply not publishing at all.
  • CSS changes.
  • Flickering cursor (supposedly fixed by 8.02).
  • Project files list constantly refreshing (randomly?). It's like the project never opens and "settles in." The project is on my drive.

Sadly it is going to take some time to sort all of this out. This is the first upgrade in my long Robo history that has resulted in so much breakage.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

http://www.grainge.org/pages/authoring/rh8/using_rh8.htm lists some but it is not exhaustive and does not cover what you are reporting!

Related Topics control - Maybe someone else can come in on this or you can search these forums. Follow your search by +robohelp to limit the results. There is a script on my site that converts Related Topics to a See Also list, if that helps.

Template  clobbered when converted to master page (weird path alterations) - I don't think that has been an issue.

Related  topics control simply not publishing at all. - see above

CSS  changes. - If you are talking about lists, there are many threads on that. See also the RoboHelp Tour on my site and look under Lists there.

Flickering cursor (supposedly fixed by  8.02). - Fixed by 801 not 802 and I haven't seen reports since then.

Project files list constantly refreshing  (randomly?). It's like the project never opens and "settles in." The  project is on my drive. That was something that was a warning that a project was about to go belly up before the 802 patch was released. See Opening Projects on my site. With a backup in place, try deleting the CPD file and reopening the project.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Peter. Appreciate it!

I for sure have done some searching...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Uh, forgot one. TOC not displaying! Empty!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp