• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Screen shot - poor quality in IE7, fine in Firefox and IE8

New Here ,
Feb 22, 2010 Feb 22, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, I'm using TCS2, with Robhohelp 8.0.2.208.

I have linked an FM book file with a ton of PNGs (imported by reference into the FM files) into RH, and am generating Webhelp.

When I look at the final Webhelp project, there seems to be a huge discrepancy in the quality of the images.

Firefox: excellent at 1024 * 768 resolution, or higher

IE8 : same result as Firefox

IE7: terrible quality (fuzzy, patchy, etc.) on any resolution, including 1024 * 768 or higher

Has anyone else experienced this? Does anyone know what could be causing these issues? Many of our end users use IE7 to view the help...

Thanks,
Adriana

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure if this is related to/the same thing as the issues described here:

http://forums.adobe.com/message/2610018#2610018

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The issue disappears if I set the width/height to 0pt (as per here: http://blogs.adobe.com/techcomm/2009/10/preparing_anchored_frame_for_conversion_in_robohelp.html)

But then the images are huge. Is there a way to find a good happy medium?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 23, 2010 Mar 23, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The issue also exists in IE6. It appears as though when IE8 came out, it changed the way it displays images, hence fixing the problem. But as many ppl are still on old versions, the best way seems to be to set the height/width to 0.  The images are huge- but at least, not distorted.

Adriana

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 26, 2010 Mar 26, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Have you tried using Gifs instead of PNGs?

We tend to screen capture at high res then save as gif.

Pictures are then imported actual size.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, unfortunately the GIFs didn't look as nice in the printed docs (I am authoring for both printed and online). PNGs were 'voted' as the best file type to use for both...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Interesting.

This is why we capture at high res into paintshop pro first then save as gif. Still, each to their own...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp