• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Change or turn off comment highlighting

Explorer ,
Mar 23, 2010 Mar 23, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible to change or turn off the highlighting behind the comments? The bright yellow is a bit much and I'd like to tone it down a bit. I found where I can change the color of the comment text and other text (Window - Preferences - ColdFusion - Editor Profiles - Editor - Colors), but there doesn't seem to be any setting for the background highlighting.

TOPICS
Builder

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope, this isn't supported.  Crazy but true.

You can vote for its inclusion in a subsequent release here: http://cfbugs.adobe.com/bugreport/flexbugui/cfbugtracker/main.html#bugId=80541

In the mean time, send me a private message with your email address and I'll send you a colourisation file which has the comments set to grey on white.  I pinched this from someone else, a while back (I can't remember who, but thanks to whoever they are!).

I'd attach it here but... I can't see how to!

--

Adam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Adam, that bug listing has a comment by Sean Smith that mentions exporting and manually hacking. He also has a blog post URL there, but I didn't follow it as it wasn't an actual link.

It is pretty easy to find though. I opened the file in Notepad++ and found this line:

<style background="rgb(255,255,153)" foreground="rgb(128,128,128)" id="WHITESPACE_TAG_COMMENT"/>

That was based on my having already changed the text color from black to a medium gray. So the foreground is the text color and the background is the highlighting. I simply changed the background rgb values to (235,235,235) for a light gray.

As a note to anyone else following this discussion, getting the rgb values is pretty easy by going into those preferences and clicking any color as though you are going to modify it. In the Color pop-up, click Define Custom Colors>> and use the spectrum in there to reveal the Red, Green, Blue values you want.

Save that *.col file and Import it back via the Preferences page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi ,

In ColdFusion Builder Preferences (Preferences->ColdFusion->Editor Profiles) you can choose the profile as CFEclipse and this will remove the comment background color .The option to change the back ground color is not available in preferences right now.You can also use option importing colorization file.

Thanks

Evelin Varghese

Adobe ColdFusion Builder Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation