• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

New CF Builder Plug-In Install - CFMLOutlinePage_0

New Here ,
Mar 23, 2010 Mar 23, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just downloaded and installed the released CF Builder 1 as a plugin into a new, clean Eclipse install.  I also have Flash Builder and Aptana Studio installed as plugins.  When I open the ColdFusion perspective, the Outline view shows the message 'Could not create the view: CFMLOutlinePage_0'.  I uninstalled and reinstalled the plugin, but the error is still appearing.

Any ideas what is wrong here?

Thanks

-- Jeff

TOPICS
Builder

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mar 23, 2010 Mar 23, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff,

CFBuilder is not compatible with Aptana plugins and the is the reason for the issue you are facing.

Thanks

Evelin Varghese

Adobe ColdFusion Builder Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 24, 2010 Mar 24, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Evelin,

This does not make a lot of sense since up until the final release, I had beta 3 running as a plugin side by side with Aptana.

If CFBuilder contains aspects of Aptana, then where has the JavaScript support gone?  I see no way to add jQuery to a project or debug JavaScript code within CFBuilder by itself.

FYI - I was able to install CFBuilder as a stand alone install and connect it to my previous work space with the outline view working.  Still does not fix the missing JS support though.

Thanks

-- Jeff

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just submitted this as a bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I think.  So what part here is the bug - the conflict issue with Aptana or what?

Thanks

-- Jeff

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No idea. You and I and just about every other CF developer have this exact same configuration.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CFB uses Aptana for HTML/JS/CSS editing. So most of the features of Aptana are available to you in CFB, including importing JS libraries. However the latest version of Aptana is not compatible with the Aptana bundled in CFB, Therefore we recommend not installing CFB with Aptana as plugin.

-Ram

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 25, 2010 Mar 25, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ram,

I did as ou suggested and uninstalled all Aptana plugins and that seemed to have fixed the outline bug. I suggest that if anyone is going to install CFBuilder you should warn against all plugins or studios (related not really all plugins) that will conflict with the installation. Currently when attempting to install CFBuilder, I get a single warning regarding CFEclipse. There were a total of three conflicts that caused the installation to fail. ColdFusion Extensions, CFEclipse and Aptana. Most likely if the user is going to install CFBuilder over their existing configuration (as opposed to a fresh install) they are going to have all three installed as this is the common setup for developing coldfusion web applicaitons. I would still consider this as a major issue since it took quite a bit of time (and some prior experience with Eclipse) to get it working as it is intended to.

-Tony

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay so there is another issue. Now that I have uninstalled Aptana, I have lost all of the add-ons. So basically you are saying that I either have to use CFBuilder or Aptana Studio. This  means I cannot use the file sync manager or the Ajax Frameworks that Aptana offers for no cost.

Not good.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In CFB you can import Ajax libraries into project using File->Import->ColdFusion->Ajax Library Import Wizard option.

You can also synchronize project with a remote site. Right click on the project and go to Synchronize menu. You can create FTP/SFTP sites using File view at the bottom right corner.

-Ram

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 13, 2010 May 13, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had the same problem when I installed CF Builder as a plug-in on Eclipse that had APTANA Studio. I uninstalled Aptana Studio and its JQuery plug-in, uninstalled CF Builder and then reinstall CF Builder as an Eclipse plug in. Now on the surface everything looks good but the error log is not clear and I have the follow entries in it.

org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Exception in com.adobe.ide.coldfusion.snippets.CFSnippetPlugin.stop() of bundle com.adobe.ide.coldfusion.snippets.....

Unhandled event loop exception
org.eclipse.swt.SWTException: Failed to execute runnable (java.lang.NullPointerException)....

ProvisioningEventBus could not be obtained. Metadata caches may not be cleaned up properly....

What is the solution for this problem? Is there anythying I need to do in Eclipse in orther to have CF BUilder work properly besides uninstalling Aptana?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation