Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Compiled project removes CSS Image

Mar 24, 2010 Mar 24, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry if this is in the improper forum, I'm as much a forum novice as I am Rh.

Runniing Rh8 and building WebHelp project. I am trying to include a background image in my topics.

I have used the CSS Background and Shading dialog and in fact have successfully included an image that shows up in my project but I cannot duplicate the process for a second CSS. When I view the topic inside RoboHelp the image is visible.

When I use the same (working) image in a second CSS this works.

Bottom line I can't seem to utilize two unique CSS (even if one is the default) with two unique images.

I have checked and double checked the Fill and Patterns are identical and the images are the same type and basically same size.

Any suggestions?

Dave

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Please refresh my memory, what Background and Shading dialog? Do you mean the one when you right click in a topic called 'Topic borders and Shading'?

You say that it works adding the image to two css files (again, which dialog?). You then say that you cannot get it working, while the title suggests that it works in RH, but not in your output.

Can you describe exactly what you want to accomplish and what you do? Do you want the background for specific topics, a specific style (such as H1) or all your topics using a certain css?

Greet,

Willam

This e-mail is personal. For our full disclaimer, please visit www.centric.eu/disclaimer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Willam.

Appreciate the quick reply. I was afraid it may have been poorly explained.

I have a fairly basic WebHelp project. Our customer would like to see a logo background visible on the Help Screens (We'll be using CSH screens).

Anyway when I edit the default CSS or create a new one, the Style dialog appears I select Other and then Background and Text. Next I select the Format button and Borders and Shading option and finally the Borders tab.

Here you have the option to include an image. When I add an image to a topic I can view it by selecting the eyeglasses on the toolbar and the image is fine. But when I generate my output the image is no longer visible.

The odd thing is I have one CSS that works and generates just fine but I can't seem to duplicate the success in another CSS. I know it seems odd.

If I make the two CSS call the same (working) image all is fine. This would seem to indicate a problem with the differing images but I simply don't see that. The images are both JPGs basically the same size etc.

I even tried using the RoboCapture and selecting a region from the application webpage then saved that as a GIF and tried to use that in my CSS. Again you can view it but it disappears in the generated project.

Hope this makes more sense. Thanks for your help. Just to let you know I am on my way out for the day and in fact for the remainder of the week. I still check e-mail but didn't want you to think I was ungrateful if you didn't get a response before next week.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

That makes sense to me. My first thought would be to add every image you use in your css as a baggage file to your project. When you do, you'll be sure the image is brought into your output. If you check your output files, is the image you want available? If not, that's the problem.

If the image is available in your ouput, it may be a css problem. Just to be sure, what browsers (and versions) have you used to check your output.

Greet,

Willam

This e-mail is personal. For our full disclaimer, please visit www.centric.eu/disclaimer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

In addition to Willam's fine advice...

Typically RoboHelp does a pretty fair job at including the image in baggage. What may be happening here is a small quirk you sometimes see in RoboHelp. This depends on where focus is when you make the edit and how you opened the dialog. If you are editing a topic that is inside a folder, RoboHelp sometimes miscalculates the image location by factoring in the path leading to the image. So sometimes you see it as ../../ImageName.GIF (or .JPG or whatever).

Usually you have to remove anything leading to the image file name. So if you see ../ImageName.gif, you would amend it so that it reads only ImageName.gif.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7 or 8 within the day - $24.95!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 29, 2010 Mar 29, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Willam,

Well you are right the .gif file I have identified in my CSS is not in the generated output.

Now saying that let me again point out my lack of experience. I don't believe I know what the baggage files is/are. Are you talking about the files in my ../!SSL!\WebHelp folder?

If this is the problem what am I doing wrong that the file isn't included?

Thanks you again

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

Baggage files are files that you add to your project as 'baggage'. These files are compiled into your output.

To add a file, open the Project manager.

baggage_files.png

If you have a short list, click Toggle project manager view (tmpv.png), to get the whole list.

Open Baggage file, go to the correct directory and right click. Choose Add and choose Baggage file. Select a file and done. The baggage file will now be taken to your output view.

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

William,

Thanks for putting me on track. A little research and I discovered the baggage file (add). Once I placed the .gif in the file the project generates the way I wanted.

Again much obliged.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp