• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Keep getting the error I need to install the latest flash player, although I did

New Here ,
Mar 24, 2010 Mar 24, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all.

I have a very rare issue with flash player.

First some information:

I'm using Windows Vista 64-bit, and the latest Mozilla Firefox.

When I want to wath a movie on Facebook, ik keep getting the message 'Upgrade needed for Flash player. To view this, you need to download and install the latest version of Adobe Flash Player'

I already did this like a thousand times..

I also first used the uninstaller, than installed it again, but I keep getting the message. I have the same problem with IE also.

Hope you can help me.

Grts

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User

Hi Jarno, Well, that was fast. Be sure to check the Shockwave Flash Object in the IE add ons and the SWF in the FF plug-ins per my other post.

Also, please mark your thread answered as this helps others also. I have seen some that have those mix of files as you

did. Glad that your Uninstall/Install was successful:-)     Just noted that you have marked it. Thanks.

Thanks,

eidnolb

Message was edited by: eidnolb   add'l

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jarno, Is this the only site you are having a problem on? Did you receive this message prior to updating to Flash Player

vs 10.0.45.2 or after?

What version of IE are you using?

I would go to this Adobe test site : http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/ Use FF first and then test with IE

What Anti-Virus/Spyware do you use? Does it contain a Firewall or do you use the Windows Firewall?

Have you changed your A/V before or after updating Flash Player?

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Untill now, I haven't used any other sites who use Flash.

I received the message before, and after updating Flash.

I have the latest version of IE.

When I test at the site you gave, it says that Flash player is succesfully installed.

I've got AVG free antivirus, and Windows Firewall, I guess.

I haven't changed it since I updated Flash.

Thanks for the help.

Grts Jarno

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. Using IE go to Tools>Manage add ons and find Shockwave Flash Object..ActiveX Control..Flash10e.ocx and make sure it is enabled.

Do the same thing using FF and look in plug-ins for SWF vs 10.0.45.2 and make sure it is enabled.

I would also check a few other sites as it could be this is isolated to Facebook.

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello.

Thanks for the e-mail.

But when I look in IE, i can't see it in the list, it isn't there.

When I look in FF, The only one I see is called 'Shockwave Flash 10.0.2.54'

Thank you,

Jarno.

Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2010 12:11:54 -0600

To: bakki41@hotmail.com

Subject: Keep getting the error I need to install the latest flash player, although I did

Thanks. Using IE go to Tools>Manage add ons and find Shockwave Flash Object..ActiveX Control..Flash10e.ocx and make sure it is enabled.

Do the same thing using FF and look in plug-ins for SWF vs 10.0.45.2 and make sure it is enabled.

I would also check a few other sites as it could be this is isolated to Facebook.

Thanks,

eidnolb

>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the inf. I think you meant in FF plug-in the SWF was vs 10.0.45.2, not vs 10.0.2.54, is that correct?

If in IE you don't have the Shockwave Flash Object, then that is a problem for IE. You may not have the correct Flash

Player files.

Do you know how to find the Flash Player files?

Go to C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I really meant 10.0.2.54..

These are the flash files:

* FlashPlayerTrust

* FlashAuthor.cfg

* Flashplayer.xpt

* FIDbg10.ocx

* install

* NPSWF32.dll

* NPSWF32_FlashUtil

* uninstall_plugin

I hope this can help..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jarno, thanks for clearing that up. You have a mix of files. The FIDbg10.ocx is a debugger version that you installed.

The latest Flash Player version is 10.0.45.2. That is not listed at all. The NPSWF32.dll and the NPSWF32_FlashUtil.exe,

you need to right click on each one and then click on Properties and post back the version number of each.

You are going to have to Uninstall Flash Player and Install.

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello again.

The .dll file is 10.0.2.54

The .exe file is 10.0.45.2

Tnx. Jarno

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok. Here is a thread that I posted instructions on for an Uninstall/Install for for IE and FF. Be sure you use the 32bit browser for this, as Adobe does not support Flash Player on the 64bit.

http://forums.adobe.com/message/2644369#2644369 Be sure to read Post#4, 5 and 6. I would suggest you read over the Uninstall

instructions also.

The difference of the old Flash files in the Flash folder that he checked would of course be replaced by your old ones.

Thanks,

eidnolb

correction on FF comment:-)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there!

Done all the things you said in the other post..And..IT WORKS!

Thank you! This is awesome!

Your the best, man!

Thank  you so much!

Grts. Jarno

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Jarno, Well, that was fast. Be sure to check the Shockwave Flash Object in the IE add ons and the SWF in the FF plug-ins per my other post.

Also, please mark your thread answered as this helps others also. I have seen some that have those mix of files as you

did. Glad that your Uninstall/Install was successful:-)     Just noted that you have marked it. Thanks.

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines