• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Issue while published in HTTPS site

New Here ,
Mar 22, 2010 Mar 22, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Issue raised when tried to publish the ROBOHELP files to HTTPS site. the Left pane TOC content didnt display. But there was no issues publishing to HTTP site. Can anyone guide me on this. I need this to be done immediately. Is there any security reason behind?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 23, 2010 Mar 23, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

• Are they opening the start page rather than the default topic?
  • Are all the same files on both servers?
  • Does the TOC pane appear with no content or does the pane not appear? Have the developers got the call right?
  • What version of RoboHelp and what sort of output?
  • Have you previously published to an HTTPS site or is this the first attempt?

Please take a look at the sticky topics Before You Post and What category...? They are there to help people resolve issues more quickly for you.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 23, 2010 Mar 23, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pls find my answers below in green...

• Are they opening the start page rather than the default topic?

It opens the default page

• Are all the same files on both servers?

Yes

• Does the TOC pane appear with no content or does the pane not appear? Have the developers got the call right?

Toc pane appeared without content. Yes developers call was right

• What version of RoboHelp and what sort of output?

Robohelp8 webhelp

• Have you previously published to an HTTPS site or is this the first attempt?

This is the first time

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 24, 2010 Mar 24, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Refer the developers to Snippet 57 on my site. I am wondering if a different server configuration might be the cause.

Is it the same with different browsers, specifically IE and FF?

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have allowed MIME types for .* and .js files as suggested in server. But still not working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can read without the text having emphasis applied!

You have not indicated whether there is any difference according to which browser you use. Once I know that, I will see if I can obtain any further information.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ohh sorry

It works in Firefox doesnt work in IE (i checked IE6, since most of my company users use IE6)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you check it on an IE8 machine?

This looks like an incompatibility with an old browser.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes. But my company users and my most of the customers use IE 6. What can be the solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would doubt that Adobe would issue a fix to make WebHelp work on a secure server just for IE6 (a very limited proportion of users).

I will see if anything more is known but if not then the only answer I know of is that customers will have to upgrade to IE8, which seems to strongly recommended anyway. The general opinion I hear is that IE6 was a bad version.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Is it certain that it is an IE6 problem? Can you download IE tester<http://www.my-debugbar.com/wiki/IETester/HomePage> and check other IE versions also? Are you certain that it’s not your IE settings?

Greet,

Willam

This e-mail is personal. For our full disclaimer, please visit www.centric.eu/disclaimer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Willam, that has prompted a thought.

Which version of IE introduced the yellow information bar?

I wonder if that is being seen.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As far as I can find, it's introduced with XP SP2. I guess it's equal for all IE versions when you use XP SP2.

Greet,

Willam

This e-mail is personal. For our full disclaimer, please visit www.centric.eu/disclaimer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My target users in my company are about 4000 and moreover I am also using robohelp for a public site. So I must have the online help file compatible to all the browser and versions. Please help me out to fix this in IE6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 25, 2010 Mar 25, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are trying to help you but we have no knowledge base to work from.

Could it be as simple as you are seeing that yellow bar?

I understand the need for IE6 compatiblility but I am not clear from your answers whether you have tested in IE8. If it works in that version, then we know it is a version issue, etc.

Could you try publishing one of the supplied sample projects to the server? If that too fails in both IE6 and IE8, we will know it is an HTTPS thing as the samples work in IE8 for sure under HTTP.

Please answer each point.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HTTP Test

IE 6, IE 8 and all browsers- working

HTTPS test

IE6, IE8- Not working

Firefox- Working

Find the attachment for reference.....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will make some enquiries but it may take a few days.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 02, 2010 Apr 02, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the reply I got from Adobe.

The engineering team tested with Tomcat as HTTPS server, and Webhelp  worked fine both in IE6 and IE8.

The poster may want to try generating webhelp output with  “Section 508 compliant output” or with “pure html” options. With these  options output TOC is created without AJAX calls. If this works, then  the issue may have something to do with AJAX calls with secure server.

Hope it helps.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 13, 2010 Aug 13, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

I was wondering if there's been any progress with the HTTPs/WebHelp/RH8 issue.

We're having the same problem at my company and we noticed that when we load a WebHelp output that was created in RH7 it works.

So, perhaps we should be looking at the differences made in how the TOC is designed in RH8 as opposed to RH7.

I'm hoping that there's a solution out there since I don't want to even entertain the thought of reproducing all of our WebHelp-based documentation set in RH7...

Thanks,

Oren

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp