• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to install Flash Player in IE8

New Here ,
Mar 25, 2010 Mar 25, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, I know that this topic has been covered before, but I am none the wiser.  I have uninstalled, shut down, reinstalled and I just can't get it to work.  It works  fine for a short while and then I get the usual "you don't have the latest version....." melarkey.  It's very frustrating!  It works fine in FireFox.  I would be eternally grateful to anybody who can help me get this sorted!  Many thanks in advance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mar 25, 2010 Mar 25, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Did you install Flash Player using IE, or just FF? What operating system, and IE version are you using? 32bit or 64bit?

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 26, 2010 Mar 26, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there and many thanks for your reply.  I installed it using IE.  I'm on Vista and using IE8.  32bit.

Thanks, Diane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thanks. Let's check you Flash files first. Go to C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash. Right click on the Flash folder

and post back the files listed there. The IE files will have the version numbers listed. The NPSWF32.dll and the NPSWF32_

FlashUtil.exe will not. You will need to right click on each and then click on Properties to find the version numbers, which

I need.

Also go to Tools, Manage add-ons and find Shockwave Flash Object..ActiveX Control...Flash10e.ocx and make sure it is

enabled. If that is not listed, I need to know what is listed. (Use IE for this)

Using FF, find SWF plug-in vs 10.0.45.2 and it must be enabled also. If there is a different version, or if there are more

than one SWF listed, I need to know that.

If you don't know how to find the Flash files, let me know.

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, right, I hope this is what you need.

Listed files:

Flash10e.ocx version 10.0.45.2

Flashplayer.xpt  - can't find a version on this
FlashUtil10b version 10.0.22.87
FlashUtil10e version 10.0.45.2
install - no version
NPSWF32.dll version 10.0.45.2
NPSWF32_FlashUtil same version
unistall_activeX same version
uninstall_plugin same version

Yes, the plug is enabled in IE.  It's version 10.0.32.18 - don't know if that is relevant.

It is also enabled in FF and the correct version.  There is also Shockwave for Director 11.5.6.606

Thanks a million,

Diane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thanks.  The Flash files for FF are correct. If the SWF plug-in for FF is version 10.0.45.2(latest version) then you should not be having any problem with Flash Player using FF.

However, the files for IE has an old version and the SWO(Shockwave Flash Object) is a different version from that one.

So you have 2 different versions of IE concerning Flash Player.

This thread has the instructions that you can follow. You'll see it is for FF, but check the post that follows, it has the

Install link for IE. You'll want to download the Uninstaller, the Installer for FF and the Installer for FF to your Desktop.

After that you'll follow the instructions for the Uninstall and Install.

http://forums.adobe.com/message/2606181#2606181

Review the Uninstall info, especially the last NOTE in the Adobe Uninstall instructions. After you run the Uninstaller the first time, you'll want to check the Flash files to make sure the 10.0.22.87, and the SWO 10.0.32.18 have been removed.

If they have not, run the Uninstaller again. Be sure to follow the Reboot process.

You will not connect back to the Internet until you are finished Installing.

If you have any questions, just post.

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.  I will give that a go.  I would never have found the correct info without your help, as there is so much advice out there, so it really is appreciated.  Have a fab day and weekend.  Very best wishes, Diane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, Thanks. Just take your time and you  should be fine. If you have any questions, just post. I am in the midst of preparing Income Taxes so I am on and off the forum:-)  I know there is a lot of "advice" out there and much is risky.

There are certain procedures to follow when Uninstalling and Installing. There are also many varibles that enter in and

all must be considered to try to have a successful Install.

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines