Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do i compress my swf file from 350k to 50k

Mar 27, 2010 Mar 27, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi im trying to compress my swf file to 50k from 350k does anyone know how to do it, ive tried exporting the file as a movie then importing it as a video into a new file, im lost please help

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried reducing the JPEG quality in the publish settings and clicking the "compress" option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I doubt you'll be able to compress it much without removing content that you can load dynamically.  If you search Google using "Flash compress swf" you'll find some info, including a resource that says it can compress an swf up to 70%, but that is still not going to get you your 50K.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 28, 2010 Mar 28, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would be good to know what elements you're using in your movie and how you animate them : Vector images, bitmaps, sounds, motion tweens, shape tweens, stop frame etc ?

Oh and also what Flash version you're using and what version of the flash player you're going to export in because the performances are different too!

Here are some tips for inside your movie:

- as earlier said, you can set up the compression level for the bitmaps within Flash. If you can compress all your images with a proper bitmap software like Photoshop before you import them into Flash it's even better

- if you are using vector images, try to reduce the number of their points using the "smooth" tool (at the buttom of the tool panel once the black arrow is selected)

- regarding animations, motion and shape tweens are less "heavy" because they require less keyframes. If you can remove some keyframes and simplify your animation, that would obviously help

- use symbols. If you have the same object repeated several times, convert it into a symbol so that you are in fact using instances/duplications of the same symbol.

- not sure if you have sounds but if you do, you can also try to change the export settings for them

they are probably other things but these ones are the ones I remember off the top of my head!

Good luck

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

i done my artwork in photoshop and saved as a web resolution 72dpi, the stage is only 160 x 620pixels

then i have a few layers with timelines only lasting for about 10seconds, space invaders flying behind text,

no sound or music

i tried exporting as a movie and then importing the movie into a new flash stage and then resave it which it did bring down to 52k but they cant see it when they load it onto there website, im just lost dont know how to compress it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Dpi is for printing, try optimizing your images to smallest visually acceptable kb size before importing into Flash.

http://webopt.com/ or similar.

I believe Photoshop also has a native image opitmizer. I hear not as good as the above though, or other third party image optimizers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines