• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Digital Editions Device Authorization Error

New Here ,
Nov 05, 2009 Nov 05, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I try to authorize my Cooler eReader with Digital Editions I get the error message:

E_ADEPT_BAD_ELEMENT_VALUE http://adeactivate.adobe.com/adept/Activate fingerprint ZvnATCEjLLc= urn:uuid:e070c87b-58ce-4d48-9fd0-7c6a4bf9549c

Any ideas?  It's driving me mad!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 11, 2009 Dec 11, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any news on this, or does anybody at least know what the error code means? I have the same issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, and Adobe support were useless.  Ignored the error message and came up with a random "fix" about the number of registrations I had.  No effect.

"Luckily" my eReader died and had to be replaced, and the new one registered straight away.  It had completely different XML content, so I think it's a problem with the XML registration file on the ereader

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, just saw this.  This error indicates that the device in question has incorrectly done firmware.  We've been having problems with some of the device manufacturers shipping devices prior to our certification (where we check for things such as the device returning the correct fingerprint information, which this one didn't).  So out of more than curiousity, which device was this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 28, 2009 Dec 28, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jim -- that's the same type of error I'm getting on my brand-new COOL-ER, which I just received for Christmas. Sounds like I may have a firmware problem as well. Any idea on how to fix it on my end?

I'm so bummed I can't use this!

Thanks,

Andi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 05, 2010 Jan 05, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem with brand-new COOL-ER - firmware update doesn't helped, Adobe support - too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 27, 2010 Mar 27, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have same issue!  Received this for Christmas and Adobe has been no help - not even an email telling me "it's not

our problem".  Got two emails from COOLERBOOKS support advising me to "reset" the eReader and "it should be recognized".  No go.  Now what?  Very frustrating as no books are on the eReader and I cannot take my desktop with me to bed to read!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 27, 2010 Mar 27, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry you're going through that! I decided shortly after I posted this that I didn't need the headache. I sent my Cooler back to QVC, got an immediate refund and then bought a Kindle. I LOVE my Kindle! Best decision I ever made in this area!

Sent: Saturday, March 27, 2010 9:29 AM

To: Andrea Easterly

Subject: Digital Editions Device Authorization Error

Hi, I have same issue! Received this for Christmas and Adobe has been no help - not even an email telling me "it's not

our problem". Got two emails from COOLERBOOKS support advising me to "reset" the eReader and "it should be recognized". No go. Now what? Very frustrating as no books are on the eReader and I cannot take my desktop with me to bed to read!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 28, 2010 Mar 28, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Luckily" my cooler ereader broke completely - screen wouldn't fire up at all - so I had to send it back.  My replacement one worked fine, but has a completely different XML file on it for registration (format different, not just content).  They seem to have some dodgy ereaders out there, but it looks like a simple, data-driven fix.  Unfortunately they don't seem to be in a hurry to do anything about them...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 29, 2010 Mar 29, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Contacted QVC - item no longer available - not even in their search criteria any more, imagine that!  They are "reviewing case and will contact" me as soon as possible.  Please allow 10 business days.....blah, blah, blah.  Have tried the reset as described by another forum participant (pressing 3 separate buttons for factory reset) - no go.  Was told by COOL-er people to press "reset" button on back of eReader, no go.  Tried dumping ADE and re-downloading and re-installing.  No luck.  Now I'm stuckk with a $230+ item that doesn't work!

thanks for everyone's comments and suggestions.  Waiting on response from COOL-er people again.  Adobe did finally contact me and said "this is not our problem - it's bad firmware, please contact your vender.  Oh and have a nice day"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually the Adobe Support helped me with this case. The thing that helped me was a factory reset:

---

1. Press and hold menu button on the ereader until the LED light blinks (left  bottom button).

2. Press and hold the volume + button on the  ereader until the LED light blinks (right top button).

3. Press  and hold the volume - button on the ereader until the LED light blinks (right Bottom button).

Display will confirm factory reset and then reboot, all you now need to do is open ADE and reactivate.

---

Please note that described factory reset ir different from pushing the "Reset" button on the device or installing the new firmware.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

was this for an Astak ez reader pocket pro? (clarifying b4 I begin)

thanks

e

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, it was for Cool-er reader.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

was just checing as the 'button' description was not exactly for mine. No

volume control. Just page conrols. But I have already done a reboot (2x)

and still 'too many activations' is what i get.....ugh

estelle

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks so much for the suggestion.  I tried it, no luck.  The screen never went to a "reset" screen...it just blinked when I let go of any of the three buttons.  The screen stayed on the "menu" screen.    I tried each button individually and then all three at the same time (that was a trick) but nada.  Thanks anyways for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 02, 2011 May 02, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

i was having the same trouble with my cooler reader and followed your instructions about factory set up and its worked. Thank you very much,I am now able to read my books I downloaded.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines