• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

TOC Books

Contributor ,
Jul 20, 2006 Jul 20, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to determine the TOC books can be set to display as "open" by default when the Help is opened?

I see a similar question back in March, but see no replies. Any info is greatly appreciated.

Joe

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 21, 2006 Jul 21, 2006
The default topic must be in the book you want expanded and, as Colum pointed out, you will need to select Auto Synchronise.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jul 21, 2006 Jul 21, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Joe. You can only have one book expanded when the help file is opened and that has to be the one that contains the default project topic. You also need to ensure that your toc is auto-sycronised.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Colum,

Thanks for the quick reply. Sorry to have to follow up with another question, but how do you make that one book open? I have not seen any options for doing that.

Thanks.

Joe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The default topic must be in the book you want expanded and, as Colum pointed out, you will need to select Auto Synchronise.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Joe,

If you put the default topic in every book, autosynchronize will also cause every book to open when the help file is open not just one. I ran into this when I had a contact info page (which was repeated in the TOC, as a default topic. It wasn't what I wanted at the time.

I'm not sure what you are trying to do but for several small projects I've wanted to have the TOC completely expanded and yet organize the topics into books. I've done this by using empty books as place holders in the TOC so it looks like an expanded TOC. Of course, this only makes sense with a small project with a dozen or so topics in a few books.

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp