• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Importing .ppt or .avi

New Here ,
Jul 20, 2006 Jul 20, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to import the above mentioned file types into my Captivate software, and it's not doing much of anything...I select the file, click "Next" and for a split second a screen pops up that I assume is a status screen, and then it goes away (it's not hidden). The screen just sits there waiting for me to hit Next, Canel or Help. I've tried all kinds of "stupid user tricks" like pressing and holding "Next", etc., and the best I can get is a glimpse of the picture of a pie that has 1 or two pieces filled in, and then the same thing as above. Has anyone else run into this problem, and have any suggestions what the problem may be and/or what I can do to fix it. I understand that the problem with the .avi files could be with codecs, but it's doing the EXACT same thing with .ppt files, so I'm not sure it's really a codecs thing...Thanks!
TOPICS
Import export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 25, 2006 Jul 25, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi abhunter and welcome to our community

Sorry for the delayed reply.

I'm wondering if you are simply seeing a "rights issue". We frequently see this when trying to import PowerPoint. Can't say as I've ever heard of an issue bringing in .AVI and whatnot. I do know .AVI is dependent on proper CODECs, so I suppose that issue could be at play too.

Perhaps the following link will help.

Click here to read the thread

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 01, 2006 Aug 01, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also cannot import .mpg or .avi files. I get a message that says it's in an unsupported format. All files were created by Sony Vegas.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 09, 2006 Aug 09, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having sync issues with .avi files and with .swf video animations. The video will import, but during playback and preview, the frames randomly speed up and slow down and the voice is out of sync. Any ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 09, 2006 Aug 09, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I am having sync issues with .avi files and with .swf video animations. The video will import, but during playback and preview, the frames randomly speed up and slow down and the voice is out of sync. Any ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources