Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Remote Server Issues/MX7

Mar 26, 2010 Mar 26, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot get the Remote Server access working in CF Builder.

I followed the instructions at:

http://blogs.adobe.com/cfbuilder/2009/07/remote_server_setup_is_it_real.html

When I try to start the server I get:

Cannot perform the operation. Admin server for the remote server **** is not running.

I ran the adminstart.bat file.  I noted the ports it reported and updated the configuration for the remote server

Not sure if I have to do something different because it is MX7.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

TOPICS
Builder

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mar 26, 2010 Mar 26, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It appears I have moved slightly ahead in that the server, after starting, hangs at "Starting."  When I attempt to stop it, I get:

"Server is not responsive."

I have tried using "Admin" for the RDS Username, as well as leaving it blank (sinct there is no way to configure a rds username in mx7).  Not sure if that's even the issue though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 28, 2010 Mar 28, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have the server set up to auto-start or auto-stop when opening and closing CFB?  If so, try disabling those settings and starting the server using the services manager.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I don't have it set to auto start/stop.  These attempts to start the server have been from the Servers tab.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does CF start and stop just fine via Windows Services?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I can start and stop CF through windows services with no issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It does sound like an issue with CFB. Please let us know if you figure that out. I am running CF9 on my local server and it is able to start/stop services from CFB with no problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 29, 2010 Mar 29, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you updated the {CFHome/runtime/lib/security.properties to include the IP address on the computer you are running CFB?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 30, 2010 Mar 30, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, I had edited that file for the IP address and subnet mask.

We are installing CF9 on a devlopment machine this week so hopefully I'll have better luck with that.  If it does work, at least that will be more of a push to mangement to get going on CF9 in production as well.

I have given up on getting CFB to work with my MX7 server.  Very frustrating, but thankss for trying to help SpiderFromMars.  I really appreciate it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation