• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Mac Installation: AIR update needed to continue, then error in registration panel

New Here ,
Mar 26, 2010 Mar 26, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After uninstalling CFEclipse, CFBuilder Beta, Aptana and loading Eclipse in clean mode, I installed the plugin on my macbook pro intel. The first error I got was something to do with the incorrect AIR plugin and the message posted a link to the download site. I of course didn;t copy the link and then later was planning on googling it. Then once the restart of Eclipse happened, there was a second error saying that ColdFusion Builer could not load the registration and I had two choices, okay or cancel. Now after googling for this issue it does not seem that anyone else has had this problem. There is something related to AIR and the installation that caused it to fail. This was after uninstalling everything except my Java and Andriod plugins (JUnit, JAutodoc, Ant, Groovy, FindBugs, Android SDK, etc).

TOPICS
Builder

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 28, 2010 Mar 28, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay I figured it out after some digging into the AIR issue.

For Mac users, if you don't have AIR installed you will need it for CFBuilder. Now the caveat is that AIR installs improperly because once installed uses only System user permissions. By default it does not have Administrator permissions so you need to go and reset the permissions for it to works properly. You will see this if you navigate to /Library/Frameworks/Adobe AIR.framework. This directory needs to be set to Admin read/write perissions and apply to all subdirectories. Then go ahead and install ColdFusion Builder and it installs without any issues. You still need to configure any application templates to have the builder plugin as the default editor if you are installing on top of a pre installation of Eclipse that previously had Aptana and CFEclipse installed. I'm not sure if this is an AIR or ColdFusion Builder bug but it is certainly going to cause Mac users some pain if this issue isn't either reconciled or documented.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mar 28, 2010 Mar 28, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

ColdFusion Builder is not compatible with CFEclipse and Aptana plugins.

Thanks

Evelin Varghese

Adobe ColdFusion Builder Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 29, 2010 Mar 29, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Now I'm really confused. This occurred after uninstalling both plugins. What do they have to do with my issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation