• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Where can I download the X5.0.1 update?

New Here ,
Jul 21, 2006 Jul 21, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone! We have to reinstall RoboHelp X5 and apply both service updates. We cannot used Help | Check for Updates because of our firewall. The Adobe site lets you download the second service pack but we cannot find the first one anywhere and we can't install the second without the first.

Does anyone know where we can get it or could someone be so kind as to send me the zip?

Thank you!

:)

Vanessa

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 21, 2006 Jul 21, 2006
5.0.1 has been hidden by a genius at playing hide and seek. Scroll down the download page to Word 2003. As soon as you click the RH Office link you will see it is the 5.0.1 upgrade!

This is the page you want.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you saying that you don't think you can install 5.0.2 until 5.0.1 is installed or that RH won't let you? I thought 5.0.2 included 5.0.1.

The download intructions should cover that. I can look later.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter! It says on the Adobe site that you have to install X5.0.1 before you can install X5.0.2. We have not tried to install X5.0.2. though - perhaps we should?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

5.0.1 has been hidden by a genius at playing hide and seek. Scroll down the download page to Word 2003. As soon as you click the RH Office link you will see it is the 5.0.1 upgrade!

This is the page you want.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much for finding that! Crazy thing for them to do! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 17, 2006 Aug 17, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry to drag up another oldie but I have a related question and really don't see the benefit of posting a new topic when an old one will do ;o) (unless, of course, i missed a rule!)

anyway...

We recently uninstalled and reinstalled rx5. the version we uninstalled did have rx5.0.2 installed. when i re-installed, i checked for updates (using rx5's menu item) and it could only find rx5.0.1. i installed that successfully but it cannot seem to find rx5.0.2. I followed the link that Peter gave and grabbed the zip file but I am having problems with opening the file and get a message saying that it is not a valid archive. Don't suppose anyone has any ideas (or even the file?!) for me?

Jules

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 18, 2006 Aug 18, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Julie

Have you tried installing the update via the Help menu of RoboHelp?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 20, 2006 Aug 20, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter

Yes, I have tried your suggestion already. The updates search only found rx5.0.1 and will not find rx5.0.2 - it did previously find it on the original installed version but not on my re-installed version

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 21, 2006 Aug 21, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are definitely looking in RH HTML rather than RH for Word?

If you are looking in RH HTML I don't think I have seen anyone report that it has not installed the update. When you reinstalled, did you so with your login or that of an IT person?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 21, 2006 Aug 21, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again Peter

Definitely RH HTML not RH Word. I have administrative privileges on my local machine so installing/re-installing has never been a problem.

After my re-install I checked for updates and it only listed RX5.0.1. I thought this was odd but continued on with updating thinking that maybe it would show the second update once the first was installed (although admittedly I didn't recall it doing this the first time around!) but it hasn't.

I guess I could try uninstalling and re-installing again but I'd rather not if I don't have to. Could it be that there are some registry entries for the second patch that preclude it from showing as an available update the second time around??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 22, 2006 Aug 22, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
At the beginning you said you couldn't install SP2 because of the firewall. Is that the problem again? If it is then either you need some assistance from IT or to download the patch again.

I don't know if a key is involved here but I wouldn't be happy with any installation that needed a hack.

I know I only ever install SP2 and it doesn't grumble. It sounds like the issue here is your environment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp