Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe error code (-475)

Mar 29, 2010 Mar 29, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I am trying to download content using Adobe Digital Editions to my Sony Reader PRS 300 from a library site called Overdrive.

Neither the Sony or the general Adobe customener support sites were able to help.  Any ideas?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mar 29, 2010 Mar 29, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would suggest opening up a Sony support case.  Sony has not shared their error codes with us, so it's hard to say what is actually going on here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mar 30, 2010 Mar 30, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I talked to Sony already and they told me that it was an Adobe error code

and you (Adobe) had not shared your codes with them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 30, 2010 Mar 30, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All Adobe error code are text based and not number based and begin with E_  (such as E_ADEPT_REQUEST_EXPIRED).

Another possibility would be to try to download the same book (using the .acsm file you got) within Digital Editions instead of Sony EBL, what error code do you get then?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 01, 2010 Apr 01, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the exact same problem, but don't understand your last post on a possible fix.  This is driving me crazy.  I also was online with Sony and the ascertained that everything on their end was okay.  Everytime I attempt to download a book from the Chicago Public Library, through Overdrive, I got the Adobe Error (-475).  This just happened yesterday, before that I was able to sucessfully download from the Public Library onto my Reader and prior to that, into Adobe Reader.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 01, 2010 Apr 01, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi don't know what your situation was but I was trying several things in order to write some documentation.  As a result from the overdrive site I tired to download the same title multiple times before this error occurred.  There is a limit tothe number of downloads that are allowed.  My site admin was able to reset that number and I am not sure if that will solve the issue.  Haven't tried but thought I would mention in case this applies to you

or

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines