• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RoboHelp 7 Dot File and Baggage Folder are Missing

Mar 30, 2010 Mar 30, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Helpful Community 🙂

I work at a large company and my RH install was pushed to my desktop. Everything seems to be in good working order, except for missing the 2 above-referenced items.

I have checked all the files in the project folder and there is no document template (Robohelp.dot) to be found.

Also, there is not a Baggage folder located in my project folder. Any help you could provide would be much appreciated. Thank you!

No_BaggageFolder.JPG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

A couple of basic things first:

Your working copies of robohelp projects should be kept in a real folder off your C:\ drive and NOT in "My documents" or other virtual folders like the desktop.

Personally I'm a bit dubious of the RH install being "pushed" onto the desktop, especially of you mean by this that the files were simply copied or moved rather than the RoboHelp re-installed in the desired location...

Neither your RH installation or your files should be moved without your permission anyway as the ability to deliver help files might be compromised.

That's my thoughts anyway...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your response, Author Care! Unfortunately in this organization, I don't have control over the install and file locations. I'm wondering if there's a place where I can download the .dot file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi jencms.

What AuthorCare offered is excellent advice. You'd have to contact your IT people and get hold of the .dot file as it should have been installed with the product. The fact that it hasn't makes me nervous that threre may be other gremlims lurking somewhere because precisely bacause of the install method.

As for your baggage folder, this is not an actual folder. Are your referring to the folder icon in your Project Manager? I can't remember in RH7, I think it was the same as RH8 which by default baggage files at the bottom of the list of Project Files with a baggage icon. For example:

Capture9.png

You can get the old style RH6 interface back by clicking on the Toggle icon as indicated below:

Capture10.png

• Read the RoboColum(n) for a tips, tricks and musings on the Technical Communication Suite products.
  • Follow the RoboColum(n) on Twitter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp