• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to import PPT to Captivate 4, Captivate crashing on import

Mar 26, 2010 Mar 26, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

When I try importing a PPT file to Captivate, it crashes Captivate. I tried creating a new project with PPT presentation, clicked on the file to import PPT to Captivate several times and am forced to restart my computer because Captivate freezes. When the freeze occurs, it only occurs with Captivate and not the computer but the "Convert PowerPoint Presentations" screen is whitened out and just sits there. Any advice would be much appreciated.

TOPICS
Import export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 26, 2010 Mar 26, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Did you try to create the CP directly from the PPT (on the start screen of CP) instead of importing the PPT-slides in a blank CP-file? And how big is the PPT? Did you try to import a limited number of PPT-slides?

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mar 29, 2010 Mar 29, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lily,

Yes, I have tried both. I can't import a limited number of PPT slides because I can't even get the PPT loaded before Captivate crashes. Every time I have tried loading the PPT, it crashes halfway through loading the PPT project. The PPT project is 8.25 MB (48 slides).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 29, 2010 Mar 29, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Are both PPT and CP on your proper PC (not on network drive)? You are using CP4, did you install the upgrade? Is it possible to try with a smaller PPT-file to see if you have the same issue (up till now never used PPT-files of that size myself, because adding audio ....I prefer doing it in Presenter or CP)? I suppose it is not possible to share your PPT, just to see if I do have the same issue?

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 30, 2010 Mar 30, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Lily,

Both PPT and Captivate are on my desktop and not a network drive. I have installed all upgrades to Captivate 4.

I have tried running other PPT's through Captivate and they work just fine. I am pretty sure it is the PPT. One of the supervisors I work with say that it may need to be stripped of Legacy coding but I have no idea how to do that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources