• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

cannot download ADE 1.7.2

Mar 29, 2010 Mar 29, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have a bebook mini for a couple of months now and I'm very positive about it. Everything worked, including ADE!! For a few weeks now I got the Message that ADE had to be upgrated. I tried to download the new version of ADE, 1.7.2, but got everytime the failure notice:

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Digital Editions digital editions_win.zip naar C:\DOCUME~1\Hans\LOCALS~1\Temp downloaden

Downloaden mislukt: connecting to host

I couldn't use ADE anymore. Now I was given a choice, to download 1.7.2 or ADE couldn't be opened and closed immediately.

Finally I uninstalled ADE and tried to download it again, but this also didn't work. I kept getting the same failure notice.

Can anyone help me?

greetz lonneke

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User

You can get the standalone installer from http://www.adobe.com/devnet/digitalpublishing/ click on the link to "Digital Editions Stand Alone Installer"

If that doesn't work you'll need to open up a support case: http://www.adobe.com/support/digitaleditions click on "Submit a web case", so that they can help you troubleshoot what's going on on your machine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can get the standalone installer from http://www.adobe.com/devnet/digitalpublishing/ click on the link to "Digital Editions Stand Alone Installer"

If that doesn't work you'll need to open up a support case: http://www.adobe.com/support/digitaleditions click on "Submit a web case", so that they can help you troubleshoot what's going on on your machine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did that as well, even after submitting case, and just heard bac from other

correspondent that the instructions they sent were not for astak ezreader.

So am just 'waiting', waiting' waiting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not all problems are the same as yours, so taking potential solutions for someone elses problem will not fix your problem (unless they indeed happen to be the same problem).  You should review the entire thread to see if it does indeed apply to you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

not to worry - always do so. I have also been in contact with Astak - they

are very helpful, but am waiting til he gets in and reads all my over the

weekend emails. They have got to be tired of me being their 'best friend'.

Like I said they are very helpful, but not sure if they can help with this,

tho I had other 'situation's occurring with the Astak reader.

estelle

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 30, 2010 Mar 30, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is an update to my 'too many activations'.  My Astak EZ Reader Pocket Pro (which I love) went 'dead' yesterday even after an over the weekend battery recharge. So I plugged back into the wall - went to Astak FAQs and read that until the reader can detect a full charge - it may take a time or two of charging to get it up to par.  (will just see how long this charge lasts b4 I make any other 'assumptions').

Anyway - this morn I decided to once again try the ADE transfer of books to ereader (with a full charge on the reader).  Well unless Adobe did something magical overnight to my account, the 'full charge' seemed to be the answer to my woes.  I was able to move my acsm files over to the library and viola - on the reader.

Now these are the steps I took to get here.

Reformatted both my sd card ( I saved the original bin file on my hard drive)

Reformatted the EZ Reader

Downloaded the bin file with the updated firmware to the EZ Reader

Downloaded the 'stand alone installer' for ADE

Charged my ez reader 18 hours

Booted up this a.m. and viola - was able to move the acsm files over to my library and on to the ez reader.

I am no computer wiz tho I have learned a lot over the last 40 years with trial and error and a lot of  screaming and pencil breaking, but not sure why today and not yesterday.  I more than likely have driven the support person at Astak crazy - not my intention - but he has been wonderful.  So contact your ereader support team - and don't forgeto to read the FAQs on your reader, unlike me who did it after the fact.  Between the support team and the FAQs and these forums we will SURVIVE the electronic ( love it) world.

Best to all of you out there pullling your hair out and breaking pencils.

estelle

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Estelle,

I got an email from Jim Lester, where he gave me a link to the site where I could download the 'stand alone installer'. It immediately worked and now I have ADE working again and I have all my books still present in ADE!! Nothing magical overnight, but it feels pretty magical to me!! Thanks for helping me and for the time you took for me!!

greetz Lonneke

Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2010 07:10:42 -0600

To: lonbrittijn@hotmail.com

Subject: cannot download ADE 1.7.2

This is an update to my 'too many activations'. My Astak EZ Reader Pocket Pro (which I love) went 'dead' yesterday even after an over the weekend battery recharge. So I plugged back into the wall - went to Astak FAQs and read that until the reader can detect a full charge - it may take a time or two of charging to get it up to par. (will just see how long this charge lasts b4 I make any other 'assumptions').

Anyway - this morn I decided to once again try the ADE transfer of books to ereader (with a full charge on the reader). Well unless Adobe did something magical overnight to my account, the 'full charge' seemed to be the answer to my woes. I was able to move my acsm files over to the library and viola - on the reader.

Now these are the steps I took to get here.

Reformatted both my sd card ( I saved the original bin file on my hard drive)

Reformatted the EZ Reader

Downloaded the bin file with the updated firmware to the EZ Reader

Downloaded the 'stand alone installer' for ADE

Charged my ez reader 18 hours

Booted up this a.m. and viola - was able to move the acsm files over to my library and on to the ez reader.

I am no computer wiz tho I have learned a lot over the last 40 years with trial and error and a lot of screaming and pencil breaking, but not sure why today and not yesterday. I more than likely have driven the support person at Astak crazy - not my intention - but he has been wonderful. So contact your ereader support team - and don't forgeto to read the FAQs on your reader, unlike me who did it after the fact. Between the support team and the FAQs and these forums we will SURVIVE the electronic ( love it) world.

Best to all of you out there pullling your hair out and breaking pencils.

estelle

>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Jim,

Thank you very much for your advice! I tried the stand alone installer link and it worked!! I now have ADE installed and all my books still present.

greetz Lonneke

Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2010 08:37:06 -0600

To: lonbrittijn@hotmail.com

Subject: cannot download ADE 1.7.2

>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would suggest going to the support portal and submitting a case.  I did so last night and they sent reply this a.m. so maybe wil get

a fix soon.  Good luck.  Sounds like this is a 'situation'.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines