• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Limiting search in RoboHelp 8?

Mar 30, 2010 Mar 30, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RH8, generating WebHelp output

When the help output is generated with substring search turned on, is there a way for the help user to limit the results of a search to just the substring entered? For example, to find only the word "cap" without finding "capital."

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 30, 2010 Mar 30, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not that I have come across but I would have thought anything with the word "cap" in it would come up in the search results before any topics found by the sub string search. Have you checked that?

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mar 31, 2010 Mar 31, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Y'know, I would have thought so, too. But the substrings came up first, second, twenty-fifth...

There aren't many occurrences of the string in this project, and (I just realized) it doesn't occur in a topic title, which always gives it better ranking. So maybe ranking won't do the job for me in this case, even if it does work in others.

I did look in the RH8 help here on Adobe; if you don't have a magic search-defining character, I can take a closer look at John Daigle's tutorials.

Thank you, though. If I find one, I'll send it to you for your Snippets.

Elisa

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp